The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-25 20:32:13

poor

To all the rubes dying in my house

Seriously? I might have to remove a trap because of you guys.

I did not invent this trap, but it definitely works.

The two hallways that don't lead anywhere make this look like your standard, run-of-the-mill dog trap (or, if a robber explores the bottom hallway, a fake one) until the robber reaches the top of the screen. I already have almost a full page a page and a half of people who looked around the bottom hallway, saw that it was "safe" to go to the top corner, and ended up dying.

hSFZliA.png

n4ks4RO.png

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#2 2014-03-25 20:48:33

xandalis

Re: To all the rubes dying in my house

Hmm... Might nab that design into my next house... I could really for having a cash-farm like that tongue

#3 2014-03-25 23:58:25

LiteS

Good old trap + New presentation = Profit.

It's your job to teach players what's deadly, don't think of it as killing them, think of it as educating them in how to die.

#4 2014-03-26 04:16:54

shlam16

What sort of noob doesn't immediately check what's above and below them upon entering the house? They would find the dog and flee. Seriously, who skips this entirely and checks the second layer first?

#5 2014-03-26 09:06:49

JoyOfTrapping

shlam16 wrote:

What sort of noob doesn't immediately check what's above and below them upon entering the house? They would find the dog and flee. Seriously, who skips this entirely and checks the second layer first?

LOL!
A dead noob, that's what.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#6 2014-03-26 10:17:50

Blip

shlam16 wrote:

I guarantee that you were a noob once, and died to a simple trap (not necessarily this one) before. Instead of mocking new players, be helpful! For example, instead of saying what you did, try this: "It's never a good idea to head down a path when a dog from a path you already passed could cut you off from the exit. Instead, check paths close to the exit for a dog first, so that you know the later paths are safe." That's more informative, and teaches new players how to not die, as opposed to making fun of them for doing so. A helpful community will keep more people playing - and that's more fun!

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#7 2014-03-26 15:52:57

Lord0fHam

I think that was me. I'm not a  noob but i just didn't give a shit cause i had lost my house.

It's a trap!

Board footer