The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-24 12:00:09

stewils

Cheating or am I missing something?

I rob a house, I kill the pitbull, i exit the house.  I return to the house moments later after tooling up again, pitbull alive once more, so i kill it again.  This cycle repeats several times but the owners cash seems to be unchanged, and DAMN, but if they arn't uber quick putting that dog back, replacing the electrified floor etc....

anyway, hello everybody smile

No...it seems i'm missing something..(no suprise).  My own designs are so frequently robbed i just assumed damage you did one time stays for your next visit, but after a little more reading this is only the case if you kill a family member, is that correct? I guess that makes sense...  but maybe it would stop impossible houses if damage remained, or would that undermine the puzzle aspect too much in favour of brute force over multiple tries?

Last edited by stewils (2013-04-24 12:14:23)

#2 2013-04-24 13:01:30

ukuko

Re: Cheating or am I missing something?

The damage done to a house is only saved if a family member is killed or the vault is reached.

#3 2013-04-24 13:11:17

colorfusion

Re: Cheating or am I missing something?

Damage is only saved if a family member is killed or the vault is stolen from. If it saved all the time then houses would be broken into way too easily from just a person coming back with tools.

Board footer