The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-22 19:40:56

votekick

The evolution of my House

So I thought I'd post the evolution of my house, Pavram and I came up with this design and slowly added to it. We've had rather similar designs but have added our own twists varied it. Given this will be broken in version 6 I thought I should share it now for people to have fun with.

The stripped down version ($2,000)
So here is the beginning layout click thumbnails (open link in new window) for a bigger version.
01_Base%20Design%20$2000%20exactly_tn.png
This layout costs exactly $2,000 and you can save $10 if you move the bit code 1 line closer, you can also save a little money with fewer steel walls and more wire but this is an attempt to hide the wiring., Three chihuahuas, two chihuahua (1 and 2) of death and a code chihuahua (3). This ones pretty straight forward, you setup your own code (mines not there get your own) and you do the "magic dance" as people call it and then you do a step of faith onto a shock plate at the top which means you need to know the code. One drawback is that the code if you max out your gamma in your graphics settings you can only just see the code chihuahua hence my moving him over 1 square. There's also the family who earlier on are a target and ideally your children get killed for the hell of it.

Version 2 (+ $335)
02_Base%20Design_addDecoy_tn.png

When you get a little more money, with another $335 you can turn a chihuahua (1) into a decoy chihuahua, to do this i removed the wooden wall which I learnt the hard way that you can still shoot the chihuahua through the vault (bug? who knows). So expanding on the current setup, I replace a wooden wall with a shock plate and then I add another up top which the first of which is safe, to make whoever enters feel save about the shock plate 1 step down from the door., I also replaced the original chihuahua (1) with another one up top (2) this is all in an attempt to make anyone who shoots the first chihuahua to feel safe about stepping across to cut down the wooden wall.

Version 3 (+ $770)
03_add%20bit%20code%20+%20old%20decoy_tn.png
In this version I simply moved my real code chihuahua away and leave the other as a decoy (I only factored in two toggle switch changes to the cost). I know there's a way to turn off the fog of war so this is my solution to this. Ensure that the decoy code goes off screen relative to the starting point.,

Version 4 (+ $1510)
04_moredecoys_tn.png
Here I disconnect the both toggle switches that you'll be able to see in view, and I add more chihuahuas across the house to replace the vertical moving chihuahua. Everything moves further away and out of sight and everything in sight is now a decoy. The next step is to add windows for people to be able to see the initial vertical follow chihuahua and make people think that

Version 5 (forgot to check the cost my bad)
05_window+pitbull_tn.png
Here I've added in windows and replaced a decoy chihuahua with a pitbull, which people will naturally break the glass and try to kill.
We have 3 decoys on screen, none of which actually receive power so the lower sticky switch (which i believe is in brick range) can't be turned on, something I missed in a previous screenshot.

Additional/Edit:

The best part of the decoys is watching all the replays and seeing how people think they can out smart your trap and trying all these ways to get through where the evilness of the fact is that there's a code that they can't see.

Last edited by votekick (2013-04-22 19:43:42)

#2 2013-05-06 19:41:46

realitysconcierge

Re: The evolution of my House

Unless someone has taken your design and family, I believe you have the richest house right now tongue

Board footer