The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-06 18:19:03

realitysconcierge

Protecting Family

Is there any good way to protect your family? The only thing I've thought of is to try to wear out the robbers patience. So I made a house where they have to walk through a labyrinth of walls spanning the entire house with the vault in front of the door. The first person to rob me waited 15 minutes for my family to get to the front door before killing them. sad

#2 2013-05-07 00:46:08

DrNoid

Re: Protecting Family

No, currently there is no way to protect your family. Worse, as long as your family is alive, your house is not safe either.
The best you can hope for is a robber who kills your family a bit away from the door so you can build a nice shrine.

#3 2013-05-07 07:44:30

jearr

Re: Protecting Family

Mr. Rohrer is working on this for v6. 

I've been able to keep my wife alive for a while.  I've found two partly-effective strategies. 

1) Misdirection.  Present your house in a way that makes it appear that only your kids are alive.  Most people won't kill your kids, and if they only see your kids they may conclude that your wife was killed previously.

2) Putting your family deep in a maze.  This can be made more effective by making it difficult for the robber to wait at the entrance, ie, adding lots of dogs to the entrance.

Board footer