The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-04-07 11:50:09

Storm

Re: Server that does not tolerate cheating

I hope you find an all around good answer for multiple account abuse, and if you do I hope you are good enough to turn around and share it with Jason and everyone else. From what you say about your skill-set and experience maybe you're just the person to figure this problem out and I wish you luck.

cullman wrote:

He has sold over 15,000 castle robbery accounts since he has started there are less than 700 registered on this board.  I think people are quitting because it's too hard (which again was Jason's intention, but perhaps not great for the long term health of the game) now that I see these problems will not be fixed and that the source code is not encumbered by copyright, I am seeing a potential business opportunity.  The last time I saw an open source project that wasn't doing things the way I thought best, I forked it to scratch my particular itch.  I ended up making a great deal of money as a side effect.  It's funny the people in the original open source community ridiculed me, called me names "cuntman", etc.  However, my project is now the equal of the original open source project in terms of users,  far superior in terms of revenue, and many of those who ridiculed me now use my version exclusively.

I'm unconvinced that money or popularity (long term survival of the game, maximum number of people playing it) are primary motivators for Jason. He has had many opportunities to choose in favor of these things and has always chosen differently. He was aware of the choices (people never failed to point them out) and went with what he thought the game should be anyways. I think he's not only making very original games, but also trying to change the video game industry itself, or at the least sticking to his values. From your description of what you clearly view as successes I think you may not appreciate this, but do some research into Jason, what he's done, what he appears to be doing, things he says in interviews and forums... not only is it a very interesting look into the industry but I think it illustrates something far more valuable than money or popularity. Something original, a piece of art that says something. not just another streamlined and polished duplicate "business" designed to dumb-down to the broadest general market and maximize popularity and profits at the expense of everything else. Just to clarify, this is only my take on it. I've only talked to Jason once when he was helping me after a game crash.

try not to take anything the wrong way or assume im saying something else/more than what I'm actually saying. It seemed you have different motivators/parameters of success, so I'm just showing a different way of viewing the whole thing. One I personally think is far more valuable than money or popularity, though both of those are helpful. I'm not saying money isn't necessary to a degree, or that it doesn't help a lot either. But there are definitely other goals out there besides greed and popularity. Maybe after you solve the multi-account problem you'll spend your time contributing something original to the game industry that everyone can enjoy and experience new things in. something that means something to you, and might also be cool as fuck to the rest of us as well. As I said, good luck man, let everyone know how it goes.

#27 2014-04-07 12:29:00

cullman

MMaster wrote:

So you create payed server that does not solve AMWhy issue and does not solve cash dumping issue for people, that have enough money to create multiple accounts. And you will just manually check if people are cheating or not. Sounds like a plan smile

I suspect if I check manually every once in awhile and permanently ban paid accounts it will eventually dwindle to not needing much manual intervention.

MMaster wrote:

Perhaps I don't think we have anything to talk about, because I don't like you personally. Now that I have read this I see that you just want to take Jason's work and under false advertisement create "cheat free" server just to make business out of it. You will as well as Jason stop taking care of it as soon as people will stop buying it, because the money will stop flowing and you will not be payed for your manual anti-cheater services.

Running a server costs money, and you yourself pointed out the fact that unlimited free accounts is a flaw when it comes to cheating.  My preference would be for this game and community to work without my intervention.

#28 2014-04-07 12:51:55

cullman

Storm wrote:

I'm unconvinced that money or popularity (long term survival of the game, maximum number of people playing it) are primary motivators for Jason. He has had many opportunities to choose in favor of these things and has always chosen differently. He was aware of the choices (people never failed to point them out) and went with what he thought the game should be anyways. I think he's not only making very original games, but also trying to change the video game industry itself, or at the least sticking to his values. From your description of what you clearly view as successes I think you may not appreciate this, but do some research into Jason, what he's done, what he appears to be doing, things he says in interviews and forums... not only is it a very interesting look into the industry but I think it illustrates something far more valuable than money or popularity. Something original, a piece of art that says something. not just another streamlined and polished duplicate "business" designed to dumb-down to the broadest general market and maximize popularity and profits at the expense of everything else. Just to clarify, this is only my take on it. I've only talked to Jason once when he was helping me after a game crash.

I agree on Jason's choices and I respect his artistry and commitment to his values.  I do appreciate his values and his game.  My first choice would be for this game to be not so easily cheated at, and that it has a thriving community.  Unfortunately, that is not the case.  If Jason was here himself, I'm sure he could tell you that unique users on the game server is down, way down.

One of the issues as MMaster pointed out is I cannot have free accounts and hope to avoid cheating.  Given that I need to charge for some accounts and running a server will also cost me money, I do not see anything wrong with charging money for this.  I may perhaps dumb down the experience at some levels of the game eventually to get more players.  Ultimately, this is a MMO game.  It's clearly not massive, and it's IMHO in danger of not even being multiplayer pretty soon.  Whatever you think of any version of this game, you must agree that it does need players to be playable.  Any changes I make to the game do not impact Jason's game, his game and his art stands regardless of what I do.  If anything it's a tribute to him and his ideas that I am taking the time to do something with his work.  In Jason's own words in the no_copyright file that comes with the source :

"This work is not copyrighted.

Do whatever you want with it, absolutely no restrictions, and no permission
necessary.
"

If he did not want people to be able to make changes or even profit, there are many other licensing arrangements he could have come up with.  I think he is a very smart guy - if he didn't want people to modify and and charge money he could have stipulated that it could only be modified for non-commercial use.  Who is anyone else to comment on what is ok or not ok when it comes to the combination of his work and my time?  Especially when he has already made clear how he feels about the use of his work?

#29 2014-04-07 13:05:24

cullman

DaVinci243 wrote:

So you are here for business?

From what I see you value your time & money. All your talk has one small point, and that's dual-accounting.
I liked your idea of how to create a source of income out of a ready project.

I'd also like to join this if any slots are available.

Are you trying to join the server or the development effort?

#30 2014-04-07 13:17:42

JoyOfTrapping

MMaster wrote:

Perhaps I don't think we have anything to talk about, because I don't like you personally. Now that I have read this I see that you just want to take Jason's work and under false advertisement create "cheat free" server just to make business out of it.

My hero.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#31 2014-04-07 13:25:49

DaVinci243

cuntman wrote:

Are you trying to join the server or the development effort?

My point is this;

You are a clever person to see such vuln in such thing to abuse dual-account users & others to make a good in-come out of nothing for yourself.

but still, you screwed it all where you revealed your future plans (making 10-20 $ price after 100 ppl).

Tip: Don't contunie this project since it's only an indie game. By monetizing of this you are already fucking everything up.

noob programmer haking on open-source game.

#32 2014-04-07 13:45:14

colorfusion

cullman wrote:

If Jason views me as a destroyer, so be it.  I have offered up my ideas as an attempt to help save a game that is doomed in my opinion.  I don't think there are any houses in the top 20 that aren't dual account cheaters.  The reality is, you cannot compete at this game without 2 accounts very well.  I don't even have an issue with buying a second account, but I don't have time to dump money to myself all day to stay competitive.

To be clear, my server would allow dual accounts, from the same IP, same email, whatever.  I would implement something like this idea, that I posted in the other thread :

"Anytime tools are bought the user's license key is stored along with that particular tool.  Anytime, bounty is generated it is too associated with the original license key.  So for simplicity sake let's say I have 2 accounts that I am using to cheat, with simplified license keys 1, and 2. Account 1 builds a house, and spends all $2000 doing it.  Account #2 goes and robs User 1s house perfectly, pumping it's bounty.  In the meantime an unrelated user (call it account 3) goes into Account #1s house and dies leaving a bounty, a second unrelated account (account 4) goes in with a  single meat and dies as well also leaving a bounty.  Now account 2 goes and buys 5 saws and goes in to account #1 house and dies.  Here would be the data representation of the money and tools associated with Account #1's house/account :
In aggregate and to the end user it would look like he has $1300 in cash, 5 saws, and 1 dog meat, or in total value $2400
Under the hood it would look like this :
$1100 - originating from account #2
$100 - originating from account #3
$100 - originating from account #4
5 saws/$1000 - originating from account #2
1 dog meat originating form account #4
Now the server does a check.  This house is worth $2400, $2100 or 87% of it coming from account #2.  Now all the server does is this analysis and does a bidirectional force ignore between the two accounts of something like 4-6 hours for every 10% of wealth represented by the second account.  In this case the 2 accounts would not be able to do it again for 2 days.  I think this would not impact honest players at all.  Additionally, the "license key tag" on tools and cash stay for some number of days, and would track with the cash and tools even if they were dumped in a third party house.
I should point out that the dual accounter that wants to occasionally bail himself out is still good in this model, but it would stop the rampant pumping of accounts that is happening now."

Obviously, this model would need some tuning and testing to get right.

This is a nice idea, but there are a few problems to work out:

1. Since there is a 24+ hour chill anyway, you could still get around 50% of your value from another account and there'd be no penalty.

2. When will this be calculated? If it's constant then the first $200 bounty into your house would always get 60 hours of force ignore. Put it too high and there's still room for exploitation.

3. Have three or more accounts and you can get around this completely.

4. You could still use a third unrelated house to move the money about (I'm assuming that money wouldn't always keep it's origin tag, would be way too complicated with tools buying and being split)

5. For a decent house, $1100 is pretty much nothing. The slow pumping isn't really the most concerning dual account exploit.

6. How would the tags work if you bought tools, split the money with your wife, got partially robbed, changed your house, etc?

cullman wrote:
crazyace wrote:

Have you ever even had a house sit at 30K or above? You might go 12 Hours with 0 robbery attempts on a normal day. Id be happy if a couple dual accounts came to scout my house. Didn't you see blip stole 95k from me toolless few nights ago. Congrats Blip.

Cullman: You are such a salty person over a $200 theft you still rag on it for days.

Imagine how boring your homemade server will be. Wake up. If you don't have time to play Castle Doctrine like you said to keep up. Then how would you maintain all the complainers that follow you?

I have had a few houses at $30k and above, and I think they don't get attacked much because there are less and less players due to the cheating. The game was much better 4-5 weeks ago, I literally couldn't get into my house at times because it was being robbed non-stop by the larger user base.  Here is a big counter to all your arguments that alts improve the game because of more robbing :  PEOPLE WITH ALTS CAN ONLY ROB ONE HOUSE AT A TIME.  In an alt cheating game world that has 100 people playing 5 accounts at once, while you have 500 accounts, really you only have a 100 people at the keyboard at one time. Versus a game world where there is less or no cheating that attracts 400 people with 1 account and 50 people 2 with accounts, both worlds have 500 accounts, but the latter has the ability for 450 people to be playing at the same time.  No one can argue with the validity of that statement.  No one can argue that the number of people and robberies are going down as alt abuse goes up.  You guys can say its because we are talking about it in the forum, but that is not true.  He has sold over 15,000 castle robbery accounts since he has started there are less than 700 registered on this board.  I think people are quitting because it's too hard (which again was Jason's intention, but perhaps not great for the long term health of the game), and even people who eventually understand the game start quitting because of the cheating.  For those of you who say you are going to quit the game because you are tired of the complaints on the board, I say to you, quit the board instead.

You're right that people with alts can only rob one house at a time, but people will rob a whole lot more if they have an alt that they don't care about rather than risking their fortress. Your point would be valid if people were playing 24/7, but usually the 5 minutes it takes rush into a house with starter kit is not the limiting factor.

You're making a whole lot of assumptions, and yes I can argue against your points.

I don't think dual account usage is the reason why people are quitting. I just don't think it's as big of a problem as you do, and neither of us can really prove that.

Personally, I think that in a game like this people will just look for something to put the blame on. Jason designed it so there was no randomness and nothing you could really blame the game itself for, so instead the miniscule problem of hackers and dual accounters is blown out of proportion.

cullman wrote:
MMaster wrote:

Please stop this alienating talks crazyace.
I'm happy that cullman has made such initiative. I'm really interested to see how the steps he has shown above will stop me from using 10 accounts to boost single house or scout AMWhys house with 9 accounts and rob him with 10th during single night.
Cullman now that I see your background I'm really really interested how will you solve this.

EDIT: also I'm sorry cullman, but I'm under several NDAs so I can't talk about my work, but I can tell you that you should never assume anything because maybe the person you are talking to is actually from the company that bought your company.

My plan for that, MMaster, is to offer a free account to the first 50-100 people that post on this thread.  After that accounts will be $10-20 on my server.  If someone wants to invest $100-$300 and then spend a bunch of time dumping cash to themselves so be it.  However, if someone reports them as being suspicious and I investigate them and if they are suspicious I will suspend accounts or permanently ban accounts.  Additionally, with my asset tracking model, I could see that all your income is derived from 10 accounts.  I could see that a user is getting all his income from 10 accounts when the server average is 50 accounts - that will make you an outlier and I will discover you.

The reality is, if I take the initiative to do this, I doubt I will stop at a no cheating server.  I suspect I will make and iOS and Android port as well, which is another way to stop dual account cheating or at least slow it down.  I will probably add some other features to make it easier on newbies, and a few other things to smooth out the learning curve in order to attract new players.  I think Jason has come upon a brilliant game mechanic, and when it's working I have played no better or more interesting game and it could really have mass appeal and a great future with some tuning.  These things don't seem to be a priority for Jason, which I respect.  I am grateful that he has made this game and the source code copyright free and has no restrictions with what can be done with it.  That is what makes this potential project possible for me.

So your plan to stop many account usage is just to hope people aren't willing to pay, and leave it as a "so be it"? May work fine for a small server, but that's not something that will scale up to a game; that barrier is already there on Jason's server. Also there's no way I'd be willing to pay $20 for a server with a small alteration, slightly hindering am already small problem.

I am happy to see that people plan to continue on the game as servers. The game still has a lot of potential, and things like this could extend its lifetime. Paying $10-$20 to join seems a bit over the top, that's more than Jason's server (which I am almost certain will still remain the most popular server, especially if you charge that much).

Last edited by colorfusion (2014-04-07 14:06:42)

#33 2014-04-07 13:51:29

cullman

colorfusion wrote:

This is a nice idea, but there are a few problems to work out:

1. Since there is a 24+ hour chill anyway, you could still get around 50% of your value from another account and there'd be no penalty.

2. When will this be calculated? If it's constant then the first $200 bounty into your house would always get 60 hours of force ignore. Put it too high and there's still room for exploitation.

3. Have three or more accounts and you can get around this completely.

4. You could still use a third unrelated house to move the money about (I'm assuming that money wouldn't always keep it's origin tag, would be way too complicated with tools buying and being split)

5. For a decent house, $1100 is pretty much nothing. The slow pumping isn't really the most concerning dual account exploit.

6. How would the tags work if you bought tools, split the money with your wife, got partially robbed, changed your house, etc?

As I said this model would need lots of testing and tuning.  All of this would have to be tried and tuned for how well it works in real life.

1. Yes but someone would have to buy 2 accounts to do this, and if I noticed them doing it every time, I would likely warn and then ban the account.  It would be labor intensive at first but people would quickly learn to do this means you lose your account.

2. You would calculate every time, and compare against last calculation and adjust the chill/force ignore.

3. No, you could have 10 accounts and this will still catch it.  If you have a non-normal distribution of wealth source I will investigate your activity and if you are caught cheating I will ban your account.

4. The money keeps the tag for a long time, probably a week. 

5. Yes $1100 is nothing.  However, Lord of Ham demonstrated for me how you could generate $10k about every 30-40 minutes by inflating your bounty.  My proposal would fix that too.

6. The tags stick on the money for at least a few days, or maybe forever until the money is lost in a self test.

#34 2014-04-07 14:56:44

cullman

If I do this I will give anyone who has a forum ID at the time of this original announcement a free account on the new server.  I'm only charging to stop many account abuse.  Someone else just dual accounted my house.  I am 100% certain of it.  It is completely ruining this game.

#35 2014-04-07 15:11:00

Darkshadow

Count me in, I was planning on not playing this game any more. I am sick of all the legitimate complains being posted on the forums before being torn down by alters.

"By alting I give Jason another $16 to create this game" - yes, but you're also driving away sales and playerbase.

"I have alts but only use them for scouting" - good for you, removing the pure terror you're always a step away from loosing all, which the game is meant to have.

"alting is just the nastier side of human nature, this game is about that" - no while you could blackmail, pay or exploit another person to do your bidding you can't explain in game terms why an alt charcter is suicidally subservient to the main account. Take out alting bring in blackmail and paying of players. alting is not the game mechanics.

"You only complain about alters because you are bad at this" - well maybe I am bad, but even if I was a good legit player I would still complain.

#36 2014-04-07 15:12:40

pagedMov

cullman wrote:

After that accounts will be $10-20 on my server.

To be perfectly honest, I think this whole idea is kind of stupid. Only about 12 people actually go on the forums and most of them use dual accounts. That would leave like 4 people that would actually join. I don't want to play on a server with ~5 people for $20 when I could easily play on the main server which has a bigger player base for $16.

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#37 2014-04-07 15:25:23

cullman

pagedMov wrote:
cullman wrote:

To be perfectly honest, I think this whole idea is kind of stupid. Only about 12 people actually go on the forums and most of them use dual accounts. That would leave like 4 people that would actually join. I don't want to play on a server with ~5 people for $20 when I could easily play on the main server which has a bigger player base for $16.

I just  said it would be free for anyone that has a forum account as of yesterday.  So you would pay nothing.  Man, you guys try to poke holes in any attempt to improve this game.

#38 2014-04-07 17:36:52

Storm

you seem to take many liberties here with what people say and do:

cullman wrote:

If he did not want people to be able to make changes or even profit, there are many other licensing arrangements he could have come up with.  I think he is a very smart guy - if he didn't want people to modify and and charge money he could have stipulated that it could only be modified for non-commercial use.

because it is open source does not mean he wants people to make changes or profit. it also doesn't mean he has a problem with that. it just means it's open source. that could do with something entirely different than your application of it. but that doesn't matter anyway, because whether or not Jason wants people to do what you proposed isn't what I was talking about.

cullman wrote:

Who is anyone else to comment on what is ok or not ok when it comes to the combination of his work and my time?

I'll comment on anything I like. I never mentioned whether I thought something was ok or not ok, and the proposed use of your "time" is displayed, by you, on an open forum. people will probably comment on it. that's what forums are for. Welcome to the internet.

cullman wrote:

Especially when he has already made clear how he feels about the use of his work?

there you go taking liberties again. all he did was say:

cullman wrote:

necessary.
"

thats not the same thing as him saying he wants you to make changes or profit. it also doesn't say he doesn't want that. I'm not going to repeat what it does say, it says it right there. go ahead, read it. see how you took that one and ran with it buddy?

I wasn't trying to tell you what you can or can't do, and I wasn't trying to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. just making a suggestion that I thought would be pretty cool. instead of copying a game and modifying it for more profit... you already implied you make good money, why not use it to make something original and interesting. you're already halfway motivated it seems like. take it or not, it was just a suggestion.

#39 2014-04-07 18:04:48

xandalis

The irony is that I actually mentioned this very concept of how to deal with the issue. http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … 521#p14521

#40 2014-04-07 18:17:30

pagedMov

cullman wrote:
pagedMov wrote:
cullman wrote:

I just  said it would be free for anyone that has a forum account as of yesterday.  So you would pay nothing.  Man, you guys try to poke holes in any attempt to improve this game.

Even so, I would much rather prefer playing on the account I already have on a server with a bigger playerbase.
Also, 'improve' isn't exactly accurate. There is no reliable way to prevent dual accounts. Jason has said this himself. Another thing Jason has stated is that there is no way to stop dual account users without unintentional collateral damage. This whole system is half-assed and based purely on assumptions.

Last edited by pagedMov (2014-04-07 18:19:55)

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#41 2014-04-07 18:37:44

cullman

Storm wrote:

you seem to take many liberties here with what people say and do:

cullman wrote:

If he did not want people to be able to make changes or even profit, there are many other licensing arrangements he could have come up with.  I think he is a very smart guy - if he didn't want people to modify and and charge money he could have stipulated that it could only be modified for non-commercial use.

because it is open source does not mean he wants people to make changes or profit. it also doesn't mean he has a problem with that. it just means it's open source. that could do with something entirely different than your application of it. but that doesn't matter anyway, because whether or not Jason wants people to do what you proposed isn't what I was talking about.

cullman wrote:

Who is anyone else to comment on what is ok or not ok when it comes to the combination of his work and my time?

I'll comment on anything I like. I never mentioned whether I thought something was ok or not ok, and the proposed use of your "time" is displayed, by you, on an open forum. people will probably comment on it. that's what forums are for. Welcome to the internet.

cullman wrote:

Especially when he has already made clear how he feels about the use of his work?

there you go taking liberties again. all he did was say:

cullman wrote:

necessary.
"

thats not the same thing as him saying he wants you to make changes or profit. it also doesn't say he doesn't want that. I'm not going to repeat what it does say, it says it right there. go ahead, read it. see how you took that one and ran with it buddy?

I wasn't trying to tell you what you can or can't do, and I wasn't trying to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. just making a suggestion that I thought would be pretty cool. instead of copying a game and modifying it for more profit... you already implied you make good money, why not use it to make something original and interesting. you're already halfway motivated it seems like. take it or not, it was just a suggestion.

Would it matter if I got Jason's blessing in a private email exchange?  Cause I did.

#42 2014-04-07 22:14:51

Nakula

Cullman, these people trying to ridicule you for planning to profit from Jason's game are nothing else but jealous. Dont listen to them for a second. Jason made the game not copyrighted for a reason. All these haters are just upset they didnt think of doing it first. Make a mobile port. Make it cheat free. Make the learning curve easier. Introduce personal high scores, leaderboards, graphic update, sound effects. Take the skeleton and upgrade its every part. You will make money, and this brilliant game will get the treatment it finally deserves. Do it. You can go ahead and sign me up for your new server, im stoked about it. I have dual accounts myself, but have never been an advocate of cheating with them. After all, why play a game if there's no challenge? Whats sad to me is the people trying to justify their bullshit cheating antics. I guess winning is more important than fun these days. I'm very excited with what you have in store for this already solid foundation of a game. I might even be into investing into the project if you really plan to make an IOS/Android port. That is, of course, if your looking for investors. Like you, I just love this game, and dont want to see it die. Do the community a favor and launch your project. Fuck the haters

Last edited by Nakula (2014-04-07 22:21:08)

#43 2014-04-07 22:20:09

crazyace

You are joking right? Imagine this game sells on steam, comes on - no ones there, they come on forum - 90% quit already. Oh yea have to join the private server with 8 people instead of 50. Cullman wins, and everyone loses.

#44 2014-04-07 22:23:55

Nakula

He can release it as a new game with new graphics, a new name, new forum, new everything. The game isn't copyrighted. Your aggressive tendency is fueled by nothing but hate and envy crazyace. This man is trying to start a project, why are you being a little bitch about it? How does it harm you?

Last edited by Nakula (2014-04-07 22:25:23)

#45 2014-04-07 22:46:26

crazyace

ok good luck trying to make people pay double etc for a game. envy? wow, theres other people that control situation in life where you can make $20 every minute or less. Or 100x that. Hes not trying to start a project hes trying to rob someone who created a game about theft.

#46 2014-04-07 22:46:32

cullman

Yeah I really don't understand the hate, if they don't like what I am doing they should just ignore me.

I just got dual accounted for the 3rd time in 24 hours.  I intentionally created an entry that looked like my normal map, but made it look completely different.  I have $600.  Guy comes in with $2000 of tools suicides after walking right by the vault multiple times.  Next guy comes in immediately after with the single dog meat needed to brute force this very simple $2000 house (simple if you know where the vault is).  Only 4 visitors.  Visitor 3 and 4 definitely in collaboration.  I'm not even going to waste my time playing this version of the game anymore.  It's very hard to get started without a dual account.

Here are my thoughts on cheat proofing the game.  I'd welcome thoughts from supporters and detractors alike :

Ideas I'm pretty certain about :

- No bounties on vaults with $0 in them.
- On houses with values less than $10000 you cannot enter with more tool value than the value of the home.
- The map will no longer come down in one shot from server to client.  Instead, the client will download only the cells it can see.  I know for a fact that map cheats are being used.
- My asset tracking proposal as suggested earlier, that will track license key and IP address with money and tools.
- A reporting mechanism to report cheaters

Ideas I am less certain about :
- Permanent names for players.  It would be a lot easier if you got a random name it and was attached to your license.  People could then see that certain people were following each other in certain patterns, and report them easier.  This one I know changes the game in a pretty big way, but I think it would go along way to let people know who is shady and who isn't.

Constructive thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by cullman (2014-04-07 22:47:19)

#47 2014-04-07 22:50:57

crazyace

People already told you they will sign up for you server, 8x. Beat that horse, Do it.

#48 2014-04-07 23:00:16

Lord0fHam

cullman wrote:

- On houses with values less than $10000 you cannot enter with more tool value than the value of the home.

Not good. People will keep their value below 10K so that it will be nearly impossible to brute force.

Got another real cash bounty? wink

It's a trap!

#49 2014-04-07 23:06:40

cullman

Lord0fHam wrote:
cullman wrote:

Not good. People will keep their value below 10K so that it will be nearly impossible to brute force.

Got another real cash bounty? wink

Ok so help me understand what non-cheating reason someone would to bring say $21,000 of tools (retail) into a $10,000 house?

#50 2014-04-07 23:07:04

crazyace

You'll always blame someone robbing you on cheating. Maybe your house was really bad. Like all this time writing forum posts for hours.

Board footer