The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-11 13:44:32

Pohaku

UK Castlers?

I've been lurking here since I got TCD (~a week) so I thought I'd say hello. I'm based in the UK, and wondered how many other players there are here - I have found that the house list is pretty short during our early mornings, so I'm guessing maybe a lot of you guys are in the US.

Anyway... hello. Newbie here, gradually learning. Finally settled on a nice $2k house model for when I die, I won't go into details but for my $2k I get a hidden/disguised commit point, a shotgun wife (straight-up, no trap), a further hot-floor commit point and a nifty little magic dance to the vault. It's vulnerable to someone with a few saws, but I tend to throw it up and hope for a couple of bounties (or even better, abandoned $2k houses) to give me the funds to harden up the walls.

Earlier today I had developed my previous $2k model to a real trap-fest, I think my bounty was up to around $6k, I had around a $8k price on my house, and I died on the self-test due to lack of concentration! Wanted to punch myself in the face - which I gather is the desired effect of this game.

Anyway... no real discussion, just wanted to say hello. Would be cool to find out my name, but am I right in thinking it's frowned upon to make efforts by way of discussion etc?

Pohaku

#2 2014-04-11 14:00:06

TheRealCheese

Re: UK Castlers?

Nah finding your name is pretty common and people really don't care that much. Throw up your value and how your entrance looks ( use www.castledraft.com ) and someone will help you out. Welcome to!

#3 2014-04-11 22:28:32

Nakula

Pohaku, your name is the same as my wife's "Hawaiian" name. First time ive seen it elsewhere! In Hawaiian it means precious stone if I'm not mistaken. Is that name part of another language aside from the Hawaiian one?

Last edited by Nakula (2014-04-11 22:29:29)

#4 2014-04-11 23:34:58

Pohaku

It is indeed the Hawai'ian word - I think the translation isn't perfect as it depends on context, but it generally refers to a large or beautiful stone or rock. If your wife has a Hawai'ian name then you probably have more knowledge than me on that!

I took it as my online handle years ago, as it referred to me being a poker player (a 'rock' is a particularly tight/disciplined poker player) and I wanted a Hawaii'an word because I've been twice and love the place... and obviously, such words are less likely to be duplicated in online places than the English ones.

Last edited by Pohaku (2014-04-11 23:35:20)

Board footer