The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-13 10:49:56

walter-white

House reset?

So i made a basic house and somebody died with a pretty large bounty. I spent the last hour or so making a perfect death trap at when it finally came to testing it to make sure i can reach the vault the screen went black and a message saying 'you left your house due to inactivity' (i was not inactive for longer than 20 seconds) So i immediately re-enter the house and not only did the design i spent ages on disappear, but also the character reset meaning all the money was gone and so was my basic house to begin with. Any ideas with what happened or suggestions on getting it back? Really bumbed out by it.

#2 2014-04-13 10:54:27

Blip

Re: House reset?

My best guess is that your internet went out 5 minutes before you got the "left your house due to inactivity" message. Normally, your client pings the server occasionally to make sure you aren't idling in your house, but if your internet goes off, it can't ping the server and the server assumes that you've been inactive.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#3 2014-04-13 10:56:36

walter-white

It might have been but if that was the case wouldn't my house be there from before i started to upgrade it? or does inactivity in your own house kill you?

#4 2014-04-13 11:43:57

eppfel
Website

Maybe you lost connection in self-test mode, because that is lethal.

Board footer