The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-13 15:17:22

HardKor

I quit, for serious this time!

I've been building the same house almost every day hoping that someone will crack it...  I usually die in someone elses house stupidly (most likely a dog that beats me to the door).  After what, 2 months of playing I've never had anyone crack my house and in reality only one person seriously tried.  After I get 20K traffic stops and it stagnates.  I think I hit a new record when I survived for a whole week... Just died.  What is the point of this game?  I'm not playing with other people, just watching people die to the same cheep traps.

#2 2014-04-13 15:50:32

StefanLindskog

Re: I quit, for serious this time!

Start a vendetta here on the forums - or go up against someone inside TCD. If you make someone feel threatened, they will come for you.

Current life: Unknown

Rotary toggle switches... Sooooo sexy.

#3 2014-04-13 15:51:44

eppfel
Website

StefanLindskog wrote:

Start a vendetta here on the forums - or go up against someone inside TCD. If you make someone feel threatened, they will come for you.

Jep, also the game is about robbing, not sitting in your house waiting ;-)

#4 2014-04-13 16:02:25

Nakula

Hardkor. your only playing half the game. when you hit about 20k, your house is semi complete, you have lots of cash, probably lots of tools from all the corpses as well. NOW the 2nd half of the game starts. you get to become the robber. start scouting houses, saving them in castle draft, and slowly chip away. the guys on the top page didnt get there by just sitting and doing nothing. when they hit about 20k they robbed their way to the top. robbing is the most exhilarating part of the game. every step you take is ~weeks of work on the line. i think your just playing waaaaay to safe and wondering why people arent taking honest attempts at you 20k house. rob your way to 40-50k. the heavy hitters will come. and youll be a heavy hitter too. the game is much more fun at this point. dont give up now!

Last edited by Nakula (2014-04-14 03:54:24)

#5 2014-04-13 18:21:44

HardKor

Nakula wrote:

Hardkor. your only playing half the game. when you hit about 20k, your house is semi complete, you have lots of cash, probably lots of tools from all the corpses as well. NOW the 2nd half of the game starts. you get to become the robber. start scouting houses, saving them in castle draft, and slowly chip away. the guys on the top page didnt get there by just sitting and doing nothing. when they hit about 20k they robbed their way to the top. robbing is the most exhilarating part of the game. every step you take is ~weeks of work on the line. i think your just playing waaaaay to safe and wondering why people are taking honest attempts at you 20k house. rob your way to 40-50k. the heavy hitters will come. and youll be a heavy hitter too. the game is much more fun at this point. dont give up now!

You win.  I decided that since my friend that I bought the game for had stopped playing I would use one 2k account to scout and the other 2k account to try to rob.  (Frowned upon... I know) I mapped out a couple of 10-20K houses this way and eventually made a score of ~12K which was more then enough to build all that I lost (minus all the extra walls, silly commit traps, etc.)

#6 2014-04-13 20:36:35

cullman

Hardkor,

What's your name, I'm curious if you are the guy that robbed me.

#7 2014-04-13 20:50:38

HardKor

$4,500.  3 dead.  red indicator lights against the wall above & below the entrance are dead give-away.

Forgot I could check with my other account:  Daniel Michael Joiner

Last edited by HardKor (2014-04-13 20:52:31)

#8 2014-04-14 14:16:34

pagedMov

StefanLindskog wrote:

I can agree with this.
One time this guy was trying to scout my 30k house, and he had brought in almost 20k of tools each time.
So I shot his wife in her stupid face.
Needless to say he stopped poking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#9 2014-04-14 14:23:10

cullman

pagedMov wrote:
StefanLindskog wrote:

I can agree with this.
One time this guy was trying to scout my 30k house, and he had brought in almost 20k of tools each time.
So I shot his wife in her stupid face.
Needless to say he stopped poking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Hahaha.

#10 2014-04-15 16:48:32

Shinnbob
Website

Just do what I do! Build silly little houses that won't last, rob people that can be robbed, and santa those that can't.

Still loving the game, if not in a more relaxed and inactive fashion nowadays

Board footer