The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-17 13:50:47

TheRealCheese

Weird habits in TCD

I rob 0$ houses all the time. I always die in random houses or to selftest, so this isn't a bounty dumping technique or anything, but once I do die in a house I always check how much I upped its worth by.

I onestep visit 0/0 houses, it gives me some kind of perverted pleasure to know that the owner won't know that his house isn't at 0/0 but everyone else can see that it's 1/0.

I probably have others but those are the two that made me think to make this post. You guys got any weird ingame habits?

#2 2014-04-17 14:11:19

Pohaku

Re: Weird habits in TCD

I often rob $0 houses. I can't say why... I'm currently on my first 'proper' life (that is to say, a developed house and several days' survival) so when I do die, as long as it's not to a self test, I'll be a big bounty for whoever gets it.

If I upgrade my house, even with something simple like an extra hot-floor commit gate or something, I replace every lethal option along the way with indicator lights and chihuahuas for the self-test to make sure I didn't cock up.  This is becoming more and more time-consuming as my house fills up!

I also go into Shelton's house every time he resets it to $2000 0/0, simply because I assume he likes it being at 0/0 for whatever reason!

When I hit a $2000 0/0 'Gimme' house for the first $1k in the vault, I sit in it for a few minutes before taking it before rushing off to get a club for the wife.  I do this because if I see a $2,000 Gimme but I am too slow and someone gets in it before me, I go get a bat right away and wait for it to show up as a $1,000 1/0 - I expect others are doing the same, so I make 'em wait and hope they get fed up of waiting so I can come back for my extra $1,000!

#3 2014-04-17 14:16:17

pagedMov

Whenever I make 'magic dance' traps I never feel safe testing them normally; I always replace the walls with windows and wired walls with wires to make sure I'm doing it right because magic dance traps scare the shit out of me.

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#4 2014-04-17 17:58:29

tigerbalm immunity

TheRealCheese wrote:

I rob 0$ houses all the time. I always die in random houses or to selftest, so this isn't a bounty dumping technique or anything, but once I do die in a house I always check how much I upped its worth by.

I onestep visit 0/0 houses, it gives me some kind of perverted pleasure to know that the owner won't know that his house isn't at 0/0 but everyone else can see that it's 1/0.

i do both of these all the time. 

Pohaku wrote:

When I hit a $2000 0/0 'Gimme' house for the first $1k in the vault, I sit in it for a few minutes before taking it before rushing off to get a club for the wife.  I do this because if I see a $2,000 Gimme but I am too slow and someone gets in it before me, I go get a bat right away and wait for it to show up as a $1,000 1/0 - I expect others are doing the same, so I make 'em wait and hope they get fed up of waiting so I can come back for my extra $1,000!

this, too.

let's see.  this one's pretty tame but when i'm finishing up an upgrade, i like to walk my safe path while still in build mode when everything's lit up and try to self check without going through the trouble of switching to indicator lights and chihuahuas. because that means two safe-runs for every upgrade. and, terrifying as they are, i'll take just one run per upgrade tyvm.  usually i die scouting before i die proving.  not last time tho...or the time before. but still.

what else, i like to rob cheap weak houses with none or bare min tools.  like real cheap houses, <400 fresh strarts. or really any fresh starts provided they look weak.  just now i walked to a vault without passing any commits for, idk...$190. it's nothing but it's fun. and educational for me and my victims.

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

Board footer