The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-15 11:02:32

poor

The all-too-short life of Thomas Ronald Freeman

... Ronald Thomas Freeman? One or the other.

Today marks the day of Mr. Freeman's death, a sad day for us all. Despite the safety within his yet-unbroken (not even entered, really) fortress of a house, Mr. Freeman lived life on the edge, robbing houses with just handfuls of tools at a time, or sometimes no tools at all. He was so confident in every step, he never thought to check twice, and this is what ultimately bit him in the house of one Michael Charles Amaral (who shall be known as "That Lucky Bastard" from now on) where he happened to trip and stumble past the waiting guard dogs and was forced to "pick a door". He chose... poorly.

Mr. Freeman is survived by $1427 in $1 and $5 bills, $8000 in unused tools, and 5 priceless paintings. Oh--and his family, who probably miss him very much. Sadly, he never got to see a serious attempt at any part of his house past the front door, which was said to be so intimidating that 90% of robbers preferred a wide-open pit trap.

As the surviving Freemans and their money have since moved out of town, the last known map of the unfinished Freeman house has been released for the community at large, complete with Mr. Freeman's own notes.

jrVGZkn.png?1

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#2 2014-05-15 11:09:30

tigerbalm immunity

Re: The all-too-short life of Thomas Ronald Freeman

you're right, i do love your house

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#3 2014-05-15 11:20:43

poor

Re: The all-too-short life of Thomas Ronald Freeman

Yeah, but there are a few things I would change if I ever built it again. For example, moving the circuitry in the middle. Oddly enough, most of the circuitry is there to prevent paradox circuits, as they allowed a couple robbers to open the door or close the trapdoor "incorrectly" using the cat. They still died before seeing what was past them, but it would have been quite exploitable with a couple of ladders to get back.

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

Board footer