The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-23 16:40:32

tigerbalm immunity

sad self test death of Eric Roberts - map reveal

first, this house was not finished. this mapshot is from the last upgrade i completed successfully.  I was proving a $15k upgrade that would have worked fine if i hadn't screwed up a magic dance that I had already proven.  The upgrade, among other things, hid the fried dog in the south east from the dog needed from the LoF into the red herring vault chamber, making this route possible. i had also added many trap doors dependent on the same power running down the left corridor in the same section to help with brute forcing from the south west

couple things about the house:
entrance: you have to dance all the way to the south wall in order to open the power door after the trap door commit. it is possible to cut/fry every electric floor and ladder the commit and then just keep dancing near the bottom till you get the doors open. 

the concept for this house was not conceived in its entirety from the outset, rather it started from 4500 as just the dance and commit combo which is fairly strong, but with no idea what i would add beyond.
i ended up trying to offer at least more than one attractive or conceivable vault location.  The vault location shown was not meant to be final but I hadn't gotten to around to that corner yet.  I had also decided the the bottom right of the house would remain red-herring.

anyway, comments and criticisms welcome, bearing in mind the house was incomplete so any real obvious stuff would have eventually been addressed, says I...

KCbsM2el.jpg

a couple traps relied on view shifts from having seen the south wall, namely the mini dance with the dog above the panic button and the trap door at the 50/50 in the south east. the first dog will not be seen without the view shift, and the second dog would be seen too late.

Last edited by tigerbalm immunity (2014-05-23 16:43:30)

Watch out for that first step; it's a doozy.

Currently dead

#2 2014-05-24 15:25:04

photec

Re: sad self test death of Eric Roberts - map reveal

Ha. And you told me to just bring a ladder and club along..

Board footer