The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-29 17:09:10

williad2
Website

Caught a cheater - Gene Richard Coats

In a effort to see if players are using "wall vision hacks" (modifying game files to see through walls) I placed my safe in an area that hidden behind walls but wasn't outside my first screen view.

In other words I could see my safe in worker mode but its completely hidden in robber mode.

I waited for 3 days with players just poking around and leaving while others poked too far and died.

Then suddenly, Gene Richard Coats popped in and knew exactly where the safe was and brought with him exactly 1 dog treat and a wood saw to reach it. 

Since this is his primary account (20+ Art pictures) My logic says to bring 4 waters so one could escape if the safe wasn't there... Nope this was a one way trip directly to the safe.

I'm not upset, my losses total $1001 dollars plus the time fixing a wall.

Just want to share with the community wall vision hacks are used and I have the video tape evidence to back up my claims.

Enjoy!

Your allowed 3 steps into my house.  Any more than that and your mine.

#2 2014-05-29 17:52:18

Blip

Re: Caught a cheater - Gene Richard Coats

That was me. I'm not a cheater - I just figured that your house was reasonably cheap due to your low vault cash, I could tell that the wall was one tile thick (looking carefully does wonders), and assumed that I could use a meat to bypass what was obviously a dog trap and then cut upwards. Frankly, I was just very lucky - I was convinced that the electric floors weren't hooked up to anything (low-cash value houses often use the fake-floors trick), and that I would be able to leave after I saw what was above the wall. Once I was up there, I just explored the door corridor and happened to find the vault. I was actually really happy - because otherwise, my return route was cut off by the now-active electric floors and I would have to find another way back to the front door; I was just lucky to have survived a really dumb assumption and a possibly deadly mistake.

Frankly, I don't think that accusing people of cheating with little to no evidence is really constructive. I'm already tired of being accused of abusing dual accounts, and now I have to be accused of wallhax too?

Last edited by Blip (2014-05-29 17:54:40)

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#3 2014-05-29 18:07:40

williad2
Website

This accusation didn't just pop-up out of the blue.  All I can say is the video tape speaks for itself.

#4 2014-05-29 18:28:18

Blip

All I can say is that I'm not a cheater, or a hacker, or whatever other term you might have for it - I may have gotten a lucky break after making a dumb decision, but somebody getting lucky is bound to eventually happen.

#5 2014-05-29 20:19:11

Pumaroma

I'm coming for you Blip. (note this has nothing to do with OP)

#6 2014-05-30 17:08:51

Shacklebolts

Blip is one of the most respectable hackers in this game. He has knocked off the "best" houses many times, killing what most people think impossible houses. I'm rolling up to say I believe his word that he doesn't cheat. Dudes broken my houses plenty of times through trial and error.

#7 2014-05-30 17:39:48

AMWhy

@Williad2, Blip is a known dual account user so it's possible he could have scouted your house with his other account before coming in with Mr Coats.

Besides that, his explanation makes sense.  Risking it all on the assumption that the floors were fake isn't something I would do (could easily have been a multiple choice path behind that door, Blip), but many visitors to my house are braver than me when robbing.

Also, if there is a possible route to explore, people will explore it.  I recently encountered a house similar to the one you describe where a simple dog meat stopped the first dog allowing me to explore the rest of the house.  However, I could see a path behind that dog.  So I left and brought a dog meat and a brick, allowing me to drug the dog in a way so as not to block the path.  I found the safe.

For many houses this wouldn't work, but for a small cost it was worth a look.

#8 2014-06-04 15:23:09

williad2
Website

Shacklebolts wrote:

Blip is one of the most respectable hackers in this game. He has knocked off the "best" houses many times, killing what most people think impossible houses. I'm rolling up to say I believe his word that he doesn't cheat. Dudes broken my houses plenty of times through trial and error.

I agree Blip is known for knocking off the "best" houses many times, killing what most people think impossible houses.

The video evidence I have explains why and how that is possible.

I also sense that you have strong feelings toward blip so for you to look at this objectively would be too much of a hurdle.
So I wont ask you not to be influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

#9 2014-06-04 15:31:54

williad2
Website

AMWhy wrote:

@Williad2, Blip is a known dual account user so it's possible he could have scouted your house with his other account before coming in with Mr Coats.

Besides that, his explanation makes sense.  Risking it all on the assumption that the floors were fake isn't something I would do (could easily have been a multiple choice path behind that door, Blip), but many visitors to my house are braver than me when robbing.

Also, if there is a possible route to explore, people will explore it.  I recently encountered a house similar to the one you describe where a simple dog meat stopped the first dog allowing me to explore the rest of the house.  However, I could see a path behind that dog.  So I left and brought a dog meat and a brick, allowing me to drug the dog in a way so as not to block the path.  I found the safe.

For many houses this wouldn't work, but for a small cost it was worth a look.

I'm not questioning his/her dual accounts status.  I'm confident that an alternative account was used to scout my house.

Just saying my explanation makes sense.

#10 2014-06-04 15:48:47

Blip

I'm done wasting my time being accused of cheating because I'm good at the game and willing to take a risk. I've lost so many houses before (I've been playing since v5), that I'll take risks that others won't, because I honestly don't care that much if I die. Is that a crime now?

And I'd like to thank Shacklebolts and AMWhy for keeping level heads and not buying into this witch hunt. By the way, I weigh more than a duck.

Last edited by Blip (2014-06-04 15:50:23)

#11 2014-06-04 17:42:29

gyuri

Let's see that tape.

#12 2014-06-04 20:29:18

Shacklebolts

Blip wrote:

I'm done wasting my time being accused of cheating because I'm good at the game and willing to take a risk. I've lost so many houses before (I've been playing since v5), that I'll take risks that others won't, because I honestly don't care that much if I die. Is that a crime now?

And I'd like to thank Shacklebolts and AMWhy for keeping level heads and not buying into this witch hunt. By the way, I weigh more than a duck.

Well of course dude, or dudett. I'm not gonna accuse someone of cheating because they're willing to gamble. You gamble enough times, you either become really broke, or you come out on top. You just understand the game enough to generally come out on top.
Is that cheating? No, that's damn skill. I wish I had the mad skills you got when it comes to robbing. Most I can do, Santa runs tongue.

Board footer