The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-01 17:44:19

williad2
Website

ba-bye Derek Robert Thomas

In todays news.

The house owned by Derek Robert Thomas has been brutally broken into on Friday.  Only his son Charlie managed escape the wraith of the lone robber.  Ms. Darla Thomas and their daughter Tamara were not so fortunate.  Funeral arrangements are set for this weekend at Dewey, Cheatem and Howe Funeral home.

Investigators have reviewed the in-home security footage and have identified one suspect "Earl Michael Case" and charged him with 2 counts of premeditated murder, burglary, 9 counts of dog slaughter and 8 counts of cat killing and vandalizing one window.

A source close to the investigations said, "that Earl's DNA evidence was splashed all over the place.  Leaving no doubt that Mr. Case was responsible for this brutal massacre."

Earl Michael Case was released on bond today and wouldn't respond to media's questions.  His lawyer stated that his client is innocent and that these allegations are without merit, "Earl is looking forward to clearing his name and hopes that people will not judge him in the media.  This is a serious blow to Mr. Case's livelihood as a professional house sitter"

A neighbor who claims to have witnessed the crime said he saw Mr. Earl Case walking up to the house stating,

"This fool came in with a bunch of ladders, Scooby snacks, explosives and guns.  Few minutes later it was like the fourth of July".  He went on to say "Then Earl ran out of the house with like $77,545 dollars yelling ... I'M RICH BITCH!!"

We have excusive footage of the floor plan before the assault took place.
http://castledraft.com/editor/0kpf3V

If you would like to help this family in this tragic event, they ask that you plant a tree in your back yard in dedication of Darla, Tamara and the dogs and the cats.  Basically just plant a whole forest on your property.

Last edited by williad2 (2014-08-01 17:45:43)

Your allowed 3 steps into my house.  Any more than that and your mine.

#2 2014-08-02 04:28:12

FreeLove

Re: ba-bye Derek Robert Thomas

Bravo, sir. That was one of the cleverest variations on a Leap of Faith trap that I've ever seen. Well done.

I can now reveal that I was the one that always annoyingly got past your best trap using only a brick and a water:

http://www.castledraft.com/editor/lBRG12

I only post because I care <3

#3 2014-08-02 11:38:55

williad2
Website

Thank you.  The fake leap of faith could be easily bypassed with one brick to the door.  This cycled the clock making it in-line with the users so the grid would be passable.  I had some thoughts on how to toughen it up a bit but that brick really messed up the clock.

Regardless of its flaws, that one trap was so enjoyable to watch people stumble into I didn't bother to make any more.  It got to the point that most players would just explore other parts of the house without attempting the fake leap of faith.  Only a few (maybe two) players were able to learn its weakness.  Kudos to you sir for making it.

Your allowed 3 steps into my house.  Any more than that and your mine.

#4 2014-08-03 03:34:23

FreeLove

Yeah, it was clear that the leap was the central trap of the house.

Still, the rest of the entrance is just as brilliant. I honestly died several times in a row, literally just from waltzing in tool-less, because I was too busy scouting so many other houses that I totally underestimated yours. It took me over a week of playing to realize: oh... that house isn't going away. huh! time to seriously scout it. And even then, my first scout went north, because my first instinct was that the Leap of Faith was too obvious to be anything but a decoy.

Really devious!

I only post because I care <3

Board footer