The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-16 00:07:09

AMWhy

The Difference of Five Minutes

Does anyone remember Ronald William Lange?  Well he died in my house today, leaving a bounty of $64,700.  He had extensively scouted my house and died at the final hurdle, trapping himself within sight of the vault.  2 burglaries later, and my vault was reached by a new player, Jeremy C. Cotton: Clearly Mr. Lange in his new guise.

The most frustrating thing here is that before Lange had got too far with his scouting I had cottoned on to him.  I knew he was starting to get somewhere so I decided to change my house and make it more secure.  But I also had to go out (real life) and didn't have enough time to make the changes.  When I got back a few hours later, Lange had died and his reincarnation had taken my vault.

Now, the interesting part.  If the chills were still 24 hours, Lange would only have been able to rob my house after dying if he was cheating with two accounts.  Otherwise, I would have had time to change the plan and use some of the 64k he left.  However, with the chills reduced to two hours, the honest single account users can now play the same game (albeit with a 2 hour delay).  This makes the game more interesting and was also how I managed to secure a 31k heist not long ago to build my current property.

Also interesting: We will soon see if Mr Lange is a single account or a dual account user when his new house appears on the market.  I had many painting which are currently unavailable.  I'm waiting now to see if they turn up with Mr Cotton in a new, top tier house or are merged in with a current player.

#2 2014-08-16 00:51:59

AMWhy

Re: The Difference of Five Minutes

Mr Cotton has returned and it would seem he is a legitimate 1 account player, which is good to see!  He has spent most of the $71k he took on a new design that's instantly reminiscent of Mr Lange's place.  Now, do I go straight down or right first...

#3 2014-08-16 18:08:43

AMWhy

Re: The Difference of Five Minutes

それはトラップである, then I commend you once again!  You do yourself an injustice claiming it was brute forced.  Apart from the last step, you had figured it all out.

I have paid your house a visit or two and find it electrifying every time!  I think the new chill dynamics are great.  The threat of dual account users is still there: now the playing field is a little more even.

I have now moved houses (and changed my name in the process).  As such, I can reveal the layout of my former abode:

brLyB65.png

The house was far from complete, but a fun project to work on.  As you will see, it was a leap of faith at the last.  You just needed to turn the power on for the final step when crossing the three pits.

Last edited by AMWhy (2014-08-16 18:10:30)

Board footer