The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-08 06:46:40

Amatiel

A few things id like to say after returning to TCD + request for Jason

Im back!

First of all... JASON! PLEASE remove chills altogether. The following should explain why.

Already im frustrated at the type of behavior exhibited by the core/top end player base.
If your going to make a house so weak that it only takes a few suicide scouts for me to crack it...

BE A MAN and take it on the chin!

DONT commit suicide in one of your alt account's houses to preserve your wealth, dump your wealth or babysit your house for 2+ hrs. I mean really... there must be only 10 active players left and you lot are still (fucking STILL) carrying on with this bullshit that drove away the entire player base.

I thought the 2 hour chills would add some life to the game, but it's STILL not enough, and im now going to have to start using multiple accounts. Again. Because that is the ONLY way to get anywhere in this game. Im wont be using extra accounts to accumulate wealth, but to prevent the target house from spiriting away their wealth before I can make the robbery.

Ive broken through to extremely close to where the vault is on a number of the top 6 or so houses (excluding Hood's house which has been robbed by someone else) and EVERY time immediately before my final run, the house disappears (Lee Richard Flinn and Edward John Phillips for example) or loses massive value (Sandy Clarence Stein).

Now there is simply no way that both Phillips and Flinn were both robbed immediately before me... They disappeared way too quickly after me coming so close to the vault. As for stein, Im DEFINITELY going multiple account on your ass just to spite you. Your value PLUMMETED from 50K to 10K and with no other houses worth robbing at the time, there is no other explanation for this wealth reduction than the blatant dumping of it, and I had only cracked the first of your two massive combo locks.

Its too hard to get ahead - these houses were each TERRIBLY weak designs (for top end houses) and only takes 4-5 runs to crack but despite this i dont get enough time to make the heist because of the above behavior.

So this is TCD these days... the bad players now rule at the top after driving away the talent and originality with their tiresome and un-sportsman like conduct.

Please remove chills completely to encourage more circulation of what little wealth is left in TCD.

Last edited by Amatiel (2014-09-08 07:00:02)

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#2 2014-09-08 07:42:29

AMWhy

Re: A few things id like to say after returning to TCD + request for Jason

Ahem... 1 account player here.  I robbed Flinn today, just a few hours after Hood.  In the last two weeks I've taken 31k bounty, 56k bounty, 60k+ bounty, 120k+ bounty and I was 2 hours away from a 140k bounty (the player, Case, returned and died trying to change his house after I got so close).  The change to 2 hours is perfectly fine and has drastically improved the game.  With no chills, the game dynamics would change far too much - all risk would be gone.

I was also making good progress with Stein, too, but I've put that on hold for now.

Edit: By the way, about 42k of Hood's bounty is with his wife... just saying wink

Last edited by AMWhy (2014-09-08 07:44:15)

#3 2014-09-09 00:18:16

photec

I was Phillips. Misplaced one wire and I'm afraid I killed myself during a self-test sad

#4 2014-09-09 09:12:35

AMWhy

Your idea of chill time linked to the number of players is good, but I guess it would be hard to implement.  I was giving 1k tool runs to all of the lower players before I scored Hood and Flinn.  Now I'm back to my timid ways... Until my next mistake!

#5 2014-09-09 15:19:24

thoth

Meh, I think I'm Stein, as for losing value I did a couple of runs and lost some tool value, no double account at the moment.  Though, my friend did let me use his laptop (and his steam account) last week for me to go on xmas runs (lots 5 saw, but I mix it up), and I did most of the runs as honest runs casually going through the house really trying to rob it with the base set of tools.  But I did not transfer any wealth out to any other account, and I have never let any other account 'solve' my house.  Ask Jason on that one, the only other accounts to 'solve' my house have been eppfel, once as Longoria, and once as Case, both times were brutal forcing without scouting (to my knowledge i.e. only saw longoria in twice once on my doorstep as he confirmed my house, second when he came in with an arsenal of tools, same for Case).  As for punishing me, bring it, I just threw a couple more grand in upgrades to everything so beware.

#6 2014-09-09 16:35:02

AMWhy

@thoth, I have died in Stein's house many a time.  Every time I think I'm making progress, you change it up again.

The problem this game has always had is that with one account, the greater success you have in the game, the less you want to risk losing it all.

We could really mix it up a lot with a competition: How many houses can you wipe out?  We'd have to agree a time to start and each confirm a list of houses to attack.  Then we'd all see how many of them we could wipe from the list (hit the vault and the wife).  The winner would be the person to claim the most (maps/screenshots as evidence).  This would be a nice spring cleaning activity, clearing out the inactive players and forcing all of the active players to start fresh.

I don't know if I'm really up for a challenge like that right now, but it's something to consider... perhaps a little later down the road?

#7 2014-09-09 20:42:51

thoth

@AMWhy exactly, this is without a doubt the longest I've ever had a house in this damn game.  And ya I feel for you guys hitting my house, but to be honest I had not changed the combo on those locks since last JUNE!!!  Till last weekend,  I mean ya, I had a couple of breakins past the first lock, but I hadn't worried about it.  But last weekend when Finch dumped $40K worth of tools in my account you guys have been hitting hardcore.  So ya one of you I'm not worried about, but like ten of you have been mad on my shit in the past couple of days.  I know I have like a third of the paintings at the moment, so that is the reward for the next person to get my house.  Any of you assholes whining about the cash I'm burning off by blowing your tools that you leave in my house, I have one finger waiting for you, and guess which one it is.  Come get the paintings beeyotches!!!!  I'm holding down the fort and burning off tools as you dump them in my home.  And you can kiss my ass if you don't like it!

#8 2014-09-09 20:47:34

thoth

by the way - I'm the guy who suggested owners of houses put up bounties, I would have last week before you people started hammering me like Paris Hilton.

#9 2014-09-11 07:03:56

Amatiel

wow

A house can last that long? That is so not right. Steins house is just a crappy dual combo lock that wuldnt have lasted 2 weeks during the heyday of the castle doctrine. I was likely the one hitting your house continuously, almost every 2 hours for a while there. I cracked the first lock but not the second as you say. I would not be surprised if i was solely responsible for all the "hitting" your house has been receiving.

When you burn value like you say you do, that makes it completely pointless in trying to rob you. Thats why you have lasted so long and why the game economy is fucked atm with no circulation of wealth. And i dont want ur paintings.... they are literally WORTHLESS now there are so few players. I wanted your cash so i could make my own new house that ive designed.

I dont get your sense of prestige... no one gives a shit about ur paintings anymore bro. You should be putting your design to the ultimate test by letting its wealth accumulate. That is exactly what i intended to do with the new design i have cooked up.

I might just wait for the reboot, but i have some reservations about that too.

Hope your paintings keep you happy as your going to be forever alone in that house with no cash, constant changes and lame combo locks.

#10 2014-09-11 08:35:42

AMWhy

To be fair, very few houses lasted two weeks at the peak of the game.  Also, you have to remember chills used to be 24 hours.  So, after how many 'days' worth of attempts have you not cracked Stein's house now? wink

I have to ask, as an active player without a house currently, are you the one who is trying to make progress on my house?  I don't know my name, but my value is floating around $20-25k.

#11 2014-09-11 13:29:15

eppfel
Website

@thoth Why so emotional? And your house is strong, but a lot of players on the forum have an other sense of a "good" house. Although you made some updates, after I cracked it twice.

@AMWhy: I made some good progress in all the upper houses the last days and cracked Bryant yesterday on my second run. I think your name Michael William Blanchard, if your house has two powered doors in the entrance.

@Amatiel: I actually enjoy the two hour chill, but yeah there is not much money floating around, which is a problem. Maybe bounties should rise, when the player base declines.

#12 2014-09-12 06:00:31

AMWhy

@Eppfel, thanks for the name, Blanchard isn't on my list so it must be me!  I noticed to 1 step deaths today, each with a ladder and a doorstop.  Unusual items that don't actually help much with my house... was that you or someone doing santa runs?

#13 2014-09-12 08:42:25

AMWhy

Thanks!  If you've changed your design a little (going down again instead of up and a narrower start) then your new name is Joshua Branden Perry.

#14 2014-09-12 21:01:57

thoth

@eppfel  - just trying to stir up some good old fashioned trash talking so somebody will finally successfully rob my house like you did, Finch was very close, he had all the tools to do it and was very close, I was very sad to see him not succeed, hence the RIP posting here:
http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=3008
I honestly felt he should have had the current lot of paintings in my house.

@Amatiel - you're the one I'm trying to talk trash to, come and take it, I will be very conservative on my expenditures at this point, you should see my house rise in value again, on the trash talking end,  I was told a long time ago that combo locks like I was building were very cheap to break:
http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=2857

I think my current house contends that position.

@AMWhy he has not broken in probably because I've been watching the house abit closer than usual after finch dumped $40k of tools in there one night, but after that I'll lax up abit and one of you guys will take the loot I'm sure

Hope you guys are still enjoying the game as much as I am!  I definitely want to dump this house soon after I tire of it.  But this recent trash talking has been great fun!  Please don't anyone take it too personally, this forum is kind of an extension of the game itself!

#15 2014-09-13 02:25:56

AMWhy

The problem with most top houses is that they are too expensive to scout with a safe path back.  Suicide scouting is the only viable option and my house is worth too much to risk right now.  When I next fail to a self-test, I'll be back out there robbing again.  I'm definitely enjoying the game still.  I have pretty much every day since I bought it in February!

#16 2014-09-13 10:57:50

Amatiel

meh the current 2 hour chills does seem sufficient, it was just getting to me that i would get so close to making a large robbery only to have it snatched away at the last second.

Stein id need to see at least 50k or more as your value to make it worthwhile robbing using a single account. I cant suicide scout as you keep changing it up.

#17 2014-09-13 11:02:56

AMWhy

"it was just getting to me that i would get so close to making a large robbery only to have it snatched away at the last second."

Case: $140k: He died in a self-test minutes before I was due to go in, knowing the solution.  but that's one of the great things about this game - You can have it all then lose it all in a moment.

#18 2014-09-14 05:01:24

eppfel
Website

@thoth OK, you little dirt mouth. I think I also waiting for your value to rise. And for it does not have to be 50k. I know how to crack it with less tools ;-)

And, yeah 2 hours chills are good. Because with less, no house could last at all and for robbers it is possible to hit twice or trice a day.

I still enjoy it a lot, robbing and building. ..and rebuilding.

#19 2014-09-14 05:18:19

Amatiel

with a single account he will need to be worth a lot to make it worthwhile. Unless you are very rich anyway. because if u scout him over time he just changes it up. U need to do all your scouting and rob him in a very clsoe interval, which u need an established and wealthy home owner to do, which means you need to blow up any commitment traps as well to ensure a safe return. So yea, he will need to be around 50k to be worth doing. AT LEAST 30k id say.

I cbf setting up a second account, and the old trick of deleting the download code appears to no longer work. So in my laziness ill sit back and call myself an elitist... purist... artist... faggot whilst looking down my nose at the dual-accounters... even tho idc anymore really. Two hour chills negates a lot of the dual account benefit too.

#20 2014-09-14 06:39:39

AMWhy

What happened to Hood?  Did he die in a self-test or is he just making changes?

#21 2014-09-14 07:59:15

eppfel
Website

AMWhy wrote:

What happened to Hood?  Did he die in a self-test or is he just making changes?

He's back and did some upgrades..

#22 2014-09-14 08:27:43

Amatiel

Someone has been absolutely SMASHING my house with at least two accounts... I just died in a self test after -in the typical capricious artist fashion- deciding my design needed significant work -IT MUST BE PERFECT!!! I will settle for nothing less! So my sub-conscious threw it away.

But yer they are either really pissed at me for robbing them (maybe mr Barnes? I doubt its eppfel/rodigruez) or they really wanted "night sky". So among us is definitely at least one serial multi account user.

#23 2014-09-14 08:40:28

eppfel
Website

mh, it wasn't me. Sad, I wanted to try your house just now and wondered where it is. Was it suicide scouting or do they have houses? How can you be sure it was the same person?

Last edited by eppfel (2014-09-14 08:41:03)

#24 2014-09-14 08:57:03

Amatiel

consecutive suicide scouting.

come in and crack a cheap lame temporary combo lock and die, then right after walk in again with the right combination.

I prefer to build a house as close to finished as i can in one hit off of one big score, otherwise your design is at greater risk of being compromised. Ill let you know when I have it up.

#25 2014-09-15 21:45:36

Amatiel

Did you rob stein/thoth eppfel?

Was it yew??????

Board footer