The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-17 04:14:39

eppfel
Website

Case Closed (Maps. Stories, Robberies coming)

I still haven't honored the life of Mr. Michael Earl Case.

As a start I post the final, lethal and original map.
This is the map, which was still not fully repaired, because I wanted to make that final update for weeks, but never found the motivation to invest that much time. You can see both old vault locations on the top- and bottom-left. The current vault location was just built as a decoy route. Which successfully worked against a brute-force attack once.
0HCrtrW.png

And this was my idea of a final map for Mr. Case. After his wife was gone, only progressively he could let go of her chambers. I really like the design, because the chiwa in front of the safe prevents someone sawing through.
9VPVDSi.png

I was kind of in a hurry, because I had to change the design, because AMWhy had spotted my vault. But after non-lethal-testing, I found an error with the closed door and changed it without testing again. Before there was a chiwa on your step, which prevents the dog to step above you, so he would fall into the pit beside you. I really would have liked to see the final security in practice, but I grew tired of the place a long time ago. So, it wasn't too painful to let go.
PXAX64P.png

At last I give you my original map before it was cracked for the first time and my family murdered by Blip.
QEjeUfB.png

I will post a little summary how the house evolved and the story of his downfalls, as well as his robberies (because I did a lot of brute forcing big houses with Case). Sadly his bounty is unknown, because he died at home.

#2 2014-09-17 10:28:22

Osmium_Planet

Re: Case Closed (Maps. Stories, Robberies coming)

Died at home...yeah, an old man with a huge safe full of cash, enough paintings to rival the V&A and a legend to last years!

I'm interested to hear this ones story.

#3 2014-09-17 17:38:53

AMWhy

Re: Case Closed (Maps. Stories, Robberies coming)

I think the entrance to this house was fantastic.  Solving it gave me a genuine buzz.  You should offer the house to Cullman for his game: it's definitely worthy as an expert difficulty house!

Board footer