The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-04 04:31:33

AMWhy

Can someone explain this?

So I've just returned to my house after a couple of hours away to find 4 people have died there.  Fine.  However, I've also somehow gained a painting... I've not even been to the auction page to look at the pictures so how have I got one (and to top it off, it's a William Beebe).  Can anyone explain this?  My only thought is not a pleasant one: Someone hacking my account and buying it.  Please tell me we don't have an account hacker on our hands!

#2 2014-10-04 04:44:19

Passive

Re: Can someone explain this?

AMWhy wrote:

So I've just returned to my house after a couple of hours away to find 4 people have died there.  Fine.  However, I've also somehow gained a painting... I've not even been to the auction page to look at the pictures so how have I got one (and to top it off, it's a William Beebe).  Can anyone explain this?  My only thought is not a pleasant one: Someone hacking my account and buying it.  Please tell me we don't have an account hacker on our hands!

Be pretty random if they only hacked in to buy a painting :S Maybe you robbed it and did see? Or if drinking bought it whilst drunk big_smile

Also are you currently worth around 1100? Just trying to guess who you are big_smile

#3 2014-10-04 05:14:05

AMWhy

Yeah, I'm the house with a powered pit commit in the entrance and now a William Beebe picture hmm  I suppose it's possible I could have robbed it by mistake, but I've only taken empty houses lately...

#4 2014-10-04 09:48:26

AMWhy

Thanks for letting me know my name.  I'm not much of a Dukes of Hazzard fan, but I do find it remarkable how often known names come up!  I've seen a few friends listed, as well as a few famous people (none of which I can remember right now).

Board footer