The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2014-10-07 18:28:57

AMWhy

Re: Who was George John Rodriguez?

@Eppfel, I'm back to robbing again.  My new house had too many weaknesses so I've decided to go after a large bounty to finance a full project smile

#52 2014-10-08 10:00:32

eppfel
Website

Woah, beautiful tapes! My post is working. A lot of ambition (I mean ladders and crowbars), but no one came further than before, yet. Keep it up!
@それはトラップである: If I find some time and my house is not robbed then, I may try a brute-force on yours, Sir ;-)

#53 2014-10-08 10:11:08

Amatiel

Yea that wulda been me, a few silly mistakes i made...

Im done robbing for a while i just robbed Douglas John Austin and used the proceeds to rob the pain-in-the-arse-changes-his-house-as-soon-as-you-make-any-progress Rufus Douglas Martin

(feels so good to rob Rufus after his poor sportsmanlike/paranoid conduct. A 1000 dicks upon you sir... Took me SO long to shaft you due to all ur panic changes)

So ill be building up again smile

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#54 2014-10-08 11:13:01

Amatiel

Ok managed to get my house up without killing myself this time, still not finished but its about halfway there in terms of its full security.

I visited you many times eppfel, i often took a crowbar or two, ladder or two etc, ur house is simply too complicated and to rob it effectively one needs a greater knowledge in chihuahua - pitbull movement preferences than i do at this point, id have gotten there eventually, but that explains why u saw me die so many times in rather silly ways.

As for Rufus, I used his paranoia against him, knowing that he would move his vault to a less obvious/easily bypassed location but ultimately less secure location after I demonstrated a clear intent in previous suicide scouting of one particular side of his house. At least that is what i assumed he changed, that and im quite sure he changed a panic button location that frustrated me quite a bit before I went to town on him.

#55 2014-10-08 15:35:33

AMWhy

Congrats on your robbery, Amatiel, but there's nothing wrong with changing your house often.  Unless it's a combo-lock; I hate them!  Which house is yours?  I don't see any new ones of note on the list.  Tell me you didn't die already...

Edit: I think I found you.  There's a new low value house with a lot of pits.  Essentially two combo locks at the start (groan).  Back to Rodriguez again I go!

Last edited by AMWhy (2014-10-08 15:49:05)

#56 2014-10-08 18:03:21

Amatiel

Hmm i wouldnt really call them combo locks...

Its no more of a combo lock than what Rufus had at the start of his house. BTW did someone kill his wife? How on earth did they get to her!

#57 2014-10-09 05:08:10

AMWhy

Choose the correct door(s) to open from a choice of 4, then choose the correct door(s) to open from a choice of three... sounds like a combination lock to me! tongue

Eppfel, I'm getting closer to another possible vault location!

Last edited by AMWhy (2014-10-09 05:08:49)

#58 2014-10-09 05:31:22

Amatiel

If that were the case amwhy...

It would be an incredibly easy house to crack due to the low number of permutations.

Remember I announced that this house was the strongest house ive designed and is unmatched when compared to all other houses ive seen, including the famous record breakers.

So dont be surprised if it takes some SERIOUS thinking, smart scouting and at least a reasonable amount of wealth to do that scouting.

Suicide scouting is not an option. Thats the point.

#59 2014-10-09 09:02:57

Passive

Amatiel wrote:

If that were the case amwhy...

It would be an incredibly easy house to crack due to the low number of permutations.

Remember I announced that this house was the strongest house ive designed and is unmatched when compared to all other houses ive seen, including the famous record breakers.

So dont be surprised if it takes some SERIOUS thinking, smart scouting and at least a reasonable amount of wealth to do that scouting.

Suicide scouting is not an option. Thats the point.

S D Thompson    5300    7/4    Unscoutable

That is what your currently down as in my spreadsheet big_smile

Wish i could say my house takes serious thinking big_smile But at least it is bringing in money slowly so just manged 4 low scale ($1500~$2100) robberies with the tools. So nice to be able to afford some tools big_smile

Last edited by Passive (2014-10-09 09:03:56)

#60 2014-10-09 13:26:14

Passive

Passive wrote:

Wish i could say my house takes serious thinking big_smile But at least it is bringing in money slowly so just manged 4 low scale ($1500~$2100) robberies with the tools. So nice to be able to afford some tools big_smile

So killed myself by being stupid. Thinking i am going to take a break for a bit. Its not the killing myself that has got to me, its the fact that it took about 24 hours to save up the money to get my house to the stage it was, where as a certain dual accouter managed to make a far more expensive one in about 30 mins just because they cheat.

#61 2014-10-12 11:41:50

eppfel
Website

So, sadly I killed Rodriguez when restoring the rest of the house after AMWhy got to it. Just forgot one cat.. was just to lazy for a non-lethal test.

I really like the design. Everything except the top left corner can be scouted, so no guessing. And with the multiple vault locations (in blue) and pets involved, it is hard to brute-force. Sadly no one ever tried :.(
My favorite parts were the entrance and the part with the cat in front of the three doors. There three routes take off and for each solution the cat and the dog are necessary.
The trick for the northern route at the entrance is to step upwards from the yellow tile after seeing the cat.
Who cracks all the solutions from seeing the map? ^^
wmfdsJy.png

#62 2014-10-12 12:55:50

Passive

eppfel wrote:

So, sadly I killed Rodriguez when restoring the rest of the house after AMWhy got to it. Just forgot one cat.. was just to lazy for a non-lethal test.

I really like the design. Everything except the top left corner can be scouted, so no guessing. And with the multiple vault locations (in blue) and pets involved, it is hard to brute-force. Sadly no one ever tried :.(
My favorite parts were the entrance and the part with the cat in front of the three doors. There three routes take off and for each solution the cat and the dog are necessary.
The trick for the northern route at the entrance is to step upwards from the yellow tile after seeing the cat.
Who cracks all the solutions from seeing the map? ^^
http://i.imgur.com/wmfdsJy.png

Even with the map i can't even solve it big_smile Looks really good.

#63 2014-10-13 01:11:48

AMWhy

It's great to finally se the house in full!  I'll post what I had of your house when I get home.  My map has some old parts that I never updated and is an amalgamation over time.  You'll see what I mean from the entrance I have!

#64 2014-10-13 07:06:20

AMWhy

So this is the map I had for Rodriguez:

SFuli2z.png

My favourite part was the upper right section (not the corner, but in a little, where I've put a yellow D on the map).  I won't reveal the trick to cross the powered pit (next to the ladder) but it was damn satisfying to work it out!  The thing I liked most about this house was that at every step you took, you had to think!

#65 2014-10-13 11:33:32

eppfel
Website

AMWhy wrote:

My favourite part was the upper right section (not the corner, but in a little, where I've put a yellow D on the map).  I won't reveal the trick to cross the powered pit (next to the ladder) but it was damn satisfying to work it out!  The thing I liked most about this house was that at every step you took, you had to think!

Nice, but weird map. It would confuse me to rob like this.
Your favorite part was built, when the other two routes were finished. So it resulted from prior limitations, which is always a good inspiration. I definitely like this approach of using as little space as possible for every trap. But at the same time you have to build it with a LOT of iterations.

#66 2014-10-22 01:03:37

eppfel
Website

As a little supplement, here is how the Rodriguez map evolved. It looks like organic structure.
vZMjiY3.gif

Board footer