The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-14 04:33:59

AMWhy

Gaylord is dead

Self-test.  I changed pitbulls for Chihuahuas and added an extra escape route at the top.  However, I couldn't factor the movement of 6 animals at the same time and ended up in this situation:

MxsT2Vn.png

There is a pitbull above the right hand wired wall that drops onto a switch closing the right hand door.  I had passed this area and gone out onto the ledges (see the full map below).  However, my dance to keep the chasing dogs in was wrong.  I decided to try to lose the dogs back in their room, before exiting across the powered pit (then a new, safe, pitless path added to the top - not on the map).  However, the trail of dogs kept the closed powered door open until they were all in the room.  With the last one in, the door closed and I was stuck listening to their yapping until I decided to end it all.

Here's the full map.

XU6eeF6.png

Can you solve it?

Now it's time to work up some cash and build a new design!

#2 2014-10-14 07:56:51

eppfel
Website

Re: Gaylord is dead

Too sad! I really would have liked to look at your additions with my knowledge of your map: http://castledraft.com/editor/VtcT8R
Nice, that you tried to include another escape route. Maybe something I will try with the money I got from Gaylord parked in Limbo smile
I got the solution for your gate, after I mapped it during the robbery. It is sooo dangerous, no wonder you died in a self-test. ;-)
I still think, the place where I entered to glimpse at the long magic dance code is the major weakness. If you have a bunch of saws all your trapdoors can be surpassed right to the safe.
Still, nice sight trick with the cat and again I love the entrance. Is there a solution for the corridors besides top and bottom?

#3 2014-10-14 08:46:20

AMWhy

It's odd, with all those pits I died in a pitless room!  All 4 corridors can be solved without tools.  It cost me just $2 each time to change the solution.  I won't post how here, as I think I might use them all again! (bottom left, that is).

If you look at your map, the magic dance should be slightly different (the bottom switch).

#4 2014-10-15 05:24:48

eppfel
Website

AMWhy wrote:

It's odd, with all those pits I died in a pitless room!  All 4 corridors can be solved without tools.  It cost me just $2 each time to change the solution.  I won't post how here, as I think I might use them all again! (bottom left, that is).

After looking again, I think I know all solutions for the entrance. But you really have to know your animal movement ;-) Thrilled to try on your reboot..

Board footer