The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-08 18:15:16

Trael

Why bother - dual accounts ruins the experience.

I came back to the game after a while not playing - last night I was able to get about 6k and build up a somewhat formidible house with some trickery. 

I go through the tapes today, and watch a guy get all the way to my safe and hang himself, then another person come in immediately afterwards to take all my loot. 

Fast forward about 10 robberies later, I see the exact same thing happen with a different "scout", but the same loot grabber.

What's the point in playing if people are just going to game your house and cheat? What a waste of a good game.

The person doing this is William Theodore Garrett, for anyone that can do anything about it.

#2 2014-11-09 01:05:56

Passive

Re: Why bother - dual accounts ruins the experience.

I believe him and conroy are the same person. So whoever it is has at least 3 account. This is why I have all but stopped playing. Just hanging arouns for cullmans rebot

#3 2014-11-09 04:50:58

matthias

yeah , when cullmans game come out ? because i'am so bored right now , too many dual/and more account !  pf, i'am just waiting until someone rob me then i wait to the cullmans game

#4 2014-11-09 06:00:16

cullman

Looking at public beta in December (which everyone here will be invited).  Official launch in January to avoid holiday AAA game marketing noise.

#5 2014-11-10 04:57:38

AMWhy

...And that's a wrap for me.  The game is stale now, and without more than 2k starter, it's impossible to crack eppfel's house.  Getting the money to have a go takes about 24 hours, and then it's wasted as eppfel (rightly) changes the combinations, meaning you have to start from scratch again.  Building a new house from 2k isn't really possible without wasting a LOT of time waiting (my last attempted house raked up 3k overnight, but was robbed by a dual account user before I woke up).  I've really enjoyed playing, but I will now bow out until Cullman's reboot.  Then it will be all systems go!

$12 (the price I paid) for 9 months solid playing is great value!

#6 2014-11-10 05:24:11

Passive

AMWhy wrote:

...And that's a wrap for me.  The game is stale now, and without more than 2k starter, it's impossible to crack eppfel's house.  Getting the money to have a go takes about 24 hours, and then it's wasted as eppfel (rightly) changes the combinations, meaning you have to start from scratch again.  Building a new house from 2k isn't really possible without wasting a LOT of time waiting (my last attempted house raked up 3k overnight, but was robbed by a dual account user before I woke up).  I've really enjoyed playing, but I will now bow out until Cullman's reboot.  Then it will be all systems go!

Seems if their desire was to be the only one playing, this dual accouter has almost accomplished it.

#7 2014-11-10 06:36:21

cullman

Passive wrote:

Seems if their desire was to be the only one playing, this dual accouter has almost accomplished it.

Yup I don't understand the cheaters at this game, it's not like you get a big check at the end of the month for being number one, or there is even a leader board with a name anyone could recognize you as.  So they cheat to get ahead for no discernible reason, robbing themselves as Jason has said of the intensity of the game by not always being just one accidental step away from death on their main, and have caused just about every good player I know to eventually just drop out due to cheating - stupid long term strategy if these cheaters like this game even a little bit.  I don't play anymore, for all these reasons, but I guarantee we will handling cheating in the reboot, even if I have to hire or take on volunteer mods, to investigate accusations (hoping our coding changes will be sufficient though that we really need one person to investigate things like dual account scouting and wealth transfer.)

#8 2014-11-10 07:28:52

eppfel
Website

AMWhy wrote:

Super sad to hear. I was hoping you would rob me. Just as Rodriguez, but I was waiting for one month at the top. Now there is this triple account player and it doesn't look good.
To your argument: I actually build an experimental house (Name's Riddick) and it got easily to 10k. It was robbed, because I didn't attend it, but I could build the house up more and more now. I think building houses was hard all the time, but dual account abusers just make it a little bit harder.

#9 2014-11-12 19:49:48

voxel

Damn, sorry to see you two leave.

I'm surprised that Jason didn't try to adjust the rules to lessen dual account abuse. I think it could be done, though not sure exactly how. Partially, $2000 of tools pumps up the value of a house too easily.

My puzzle house seems to be mostly immune to dual account abuse because seeing the whole map tells you nothing except where to dig. Finding the toolless solution is also very difficult because there is no solution smile. It's possible that people are still dumping money in the house and then come back later with enough tools, by why do that when there are simpler houses? There's no way I could tell that was happening from the tapes though.

Sorry I never made any serious attempts at your house, eppfel. I'm clearly missing out

Last edited by voxel (2014-11-12 19:52:00)

#10 2014-11-21 09:34:38

Passive

I wanna add Glaze to the list, and i would guess at more then just one or two extra accounts.

Also seem the forum was visited by royalty today:

0dIP94y.png

#11 2014-11-21 11:57:55

fld

Good evening good sirs and madams!

I bought this game on steam a few days ago. I was intrigued by the inovative ideas and the concept of "One misstake and you're done!". Playing was a lot of fun, creating and solving puzzles, stealing ideas etc.

I was about to ask some friends to join me in playing this game. However, now I've realized that if my design (the little design I can do with 2k + one robbery) was any good and I earned money from it, I would be destroyed by someone with multiple accounts while I'm asleep.

There is only frustration to be had in this game, not because of the permanent deaths, but because of people playing with multiple accounts (or perhaps cheating in another way). I see no way around it.

I read there is going to be a new game released soon. Hope you the issues are fixed by then.

Cheers,
fld

P.S. The latest one to do this to me is a mr. Glaze

#12 2014-11-21 12:07:15

Passive

fld wrote:

There is only frustration to be had in this game, not because of the permanent deaths, but because of people playing with multiple accounts (or perhaps cheating in another way). I see no way around it.

Kind of feels like you need to have more accounts just to compete sad

#13 2014-11-24 06:52:06

voxel

You guys are saying bad things about Mr. Glaze, and convinced me not to do Santa runs on his house. But the truth is that he has the most friendly and interesting house on the list right now, not like your damn combo lock, Passive! You're damn lucky that I just suicided after reaching Larkin's vault instead of taking the $8K and brute forcing your house smile

(I feel bad for Larkin; his house value has exploded in the last few hours)

Last edited by voxel (2014-11-24 06:52:32)

#14 2014-11-24 06:56:19

Passive

voxel wrote:

You guys are saying bad things about Mr. Glaze, and convinced me not to do Santa runs on his house. But the truth is that he has the most friendly and interesting house on the list right now, not like your damn combo lock, Passive! You're damn lucky that I just suicided after reaching Larkin's vault instead of taking the $8K and brute forcing your house smile

(I feel bad for Larkin; his house value has exploded in the last few hours)

His house isnt that interesting. I had seen most of it yesterday but it has been changed twice sine then I think. As for brute force you would need more then 8k worth of tools. If your the one I saw every brute force just made it worse big_smile

Mine might be more interesting after the combo lock. But I had to build most of it on my phone so couldnt do anything too exciting.

#15 2014-11-24 07:06:10

voxel

No, I haven't visited your house with more than $2K. Actually I don't remember ever visiting any of your houses with more -- I very rarely do that. (Seems like you've been using the same pitbull-and-dual-trapdoor-start design for a long time)

I claim that Glaze is interesting because you can actually figure a great deal out with $2K scouts. (I've only just started.) Interesting and secure are complete opposites.

However, if he's dual/triple accounting, as almost certainly seems to be the case, AND is ruining other people's houses, that's really sad. Dual account exploiting isn't so bad if you only use it to build up your own house; at least then there's an extra high value house on the list.

Last edited by voxel (2014-11-24 07:09:15)

#16 2014-11-24 09:03:58

Passive

Ok so i have come home to a good chunk of tools. So now it is time for.

Passive Vs Glaze

As said else where i already had about 60~70% of his map a couple of days ago, since then i haven't got much more and decided that really i need a house making money instead of just diving in with 2k scouts. From how much money he has acquired looks like other people have also been trying to crack him. Its not gonna be pretty and i am not as honorable as AMwhy always trying to get the toolless solution, but hopefully i shall win. If not it has been fun trying big_smile

Currently recording the attempts with the sound track "I see fire" (desolation of Smaug) by Ed Sheeran. I felt it fitted the mood big_smile

Edit 16:10 - First run completely and it looks like the safe is in the direction i thought. Cost about 3k in waters/saws/bricks. Lets have a more expensive look.

Edit 16:15 - Second run done. Lots of tools but failed at the last hurdle, i have to admit a lot clever a house then i initial thought.

kmyEt6C.png

Edit 16:38 - Third attempt. After playing around with castledraft i worked out all the tools needed, and took a couple extra. This left me with a house value of about 1k so it needed to work.

vCcdjUr.png

And i did. So the question is do i go after his wife? (Edit just checked and he is no longer on the list, wife must be dead or not holding).

So who is next big_smile

Video available if anyone cares, but it isn't very interesting :S

Last edited by Passive (2014-11-24 09:44:38)

#17 2014-11-24 09:43:03

voxel

Really, it wasn't you? Then someone just beat you to it! $30000 stolen, $9800 left on the wife.

Edit: Congrats! His house was gone because I was peeking inside.

Last edited by voxel (2014-11-24 09:46:49)

#18 2014-11-24 09:45:10

Passive

voxel wrote:

Really, it wasn't you? Then someone just beat you to it! $30000 stolen, $9800 left on the wife.

Edit: Congrats! His house was gone because I was peeking inside.

Not sure if i should use all the money to get guns and go for his wife big_smile

#19 2014-11-24 09:48:11

voxel

Probably? Any chance of tunneling in?

#20 2014-11-24 09:51:58

Passive

voxel wrote:

Probably? Any chance of tunneling in?

Naw he used a lot of his money replacing walls with powered doors so you need crowbars to get through.

#21 2014-11-24 09:56:43

Passive

So i decided to avenge my late wife of many moons ago.

Pht0Yyd.png

I had some guns and clubs in my safe, but this probably cost me money. (Edit just checked cost me $1000)

Last edited by Passive (2014-11-24 09:57:30)

#22 2014-11-24 11:09:21

voxel

smile

Really? How much longer was that trail of dogs?

Last edited by voxel (2014-11-24 11:09:36)

#23 2014-11-24 11:18:17

Passive

Just a few. didn't have the tools to kill them all that is why had to wait for the wife to come to me.

27RPUbt.png

#24 2014-11-24 11:30:55

matthias

i have 80k but my house can't hold it XD and i'am too scared to make any change... but no one have realy try to rob me... pfff not funny at all

#25 2014-11-24 11:34:16

Passive

matthias wrote:

i have 80k but my house can't hold it XD and i'am too scared to make any change... but no one have realy try to rob me... pfff not funny at all

I was going to use my winnings to rob you, however i wanted to build a stronger house to protect my magnitude of paintings big_smile. Thinking of a way to use my paintings as a code on how to solve one of my traps big_smile

Last edited by Passive (2014-11-24 11:37:14)

Board footer