The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-22 19:12:18

JAAM

Any ways to bring preexisting player back into the game?

Been playing the game for a few days now and i've finally bothered to set up a forum account.

So i'm sitting here staring at the game with only 6 active houses including mine. And i'm wondering, Cullman has a reboot coming to try to draw in new players but is there anything we can do to bring the players that left back in?

The way I see it is that many people already own the game they just stopped playing from a rage quit or some other reason. The game is dying because no one is playing or those that are playing are getting discouraged by the lack of players. so what if we convinced people all to try it out for a few days again just to give the game that little jump it needs. Of corse it could all just backfire and those players never return but at least it's something. The big question is what can we do as a community to bring those players back?

Ok the lack of player is getting extremely upsetting right now i'm looking at 4 houses 1 has been inactive (with $63)  and he other 3 are 25000+ fortresses. Currently the closest middle ground is my very own $250 house that no one will visit. shouldn't there be at least 1 house with more than $500 in it?

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-22 19:27:43)

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#2 2014-11-22 22:07:36

AMWhy

Re: Any ways to bring preexisting player back into the game?

I just dropped 5 saws in your house and the $63 house.  I hope it helps!  I'm now waiting for Cullman.

#3 2014-11-23 00:15:06

cullman

I tried to start playing again 3-4 days ago, and then I got hit by the triple account guy.  Personally, I don't think we will get to a sustainable community until the cheating problem is solved.  Which I am hoping to do in my reboot, Terminal Heist.

#4 2014-11-23 10:13:11

JAAM

Thanks AMWhy but the problem isn't a lack of cash i know my house isn't much but i think people will have problems the problem is all the wealth sucked into those three Goliaths.

Ok i'm not sure about the cheating and hacking (haven't been on long enough to say someone is definitely doing some such thing.) but with last nights robberies i think the biggest problem is anyone with a mid tier house is being robbed by an alt and all that money is flowing into one of the top tiers. Anyone have suspicions on which one of the two it is? (i'm assuming it's not smith.)

I rather consider such action an abuse of multiple accounts.

Some guy (Isaac Darryl Mendoza) has just robbed my house for (50$) spending $1800 (randomly decided to smite the kids) and his name has never showed up and never does show up. isn't this some form of abuse?

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-23 10:20:35)

#5 2014-11-23 10:42:41

Passive

JAAM wrote:

Thanks AMWhy but the problem isn't a lack of cash i know my house isn't much but i think people will have problems the problem is all the wealth sucked into those three Goliaths.

Ok i'm not sure about the cheating and hacking (haven't been on long enough to say someone is definitely doing some such thing.) but with last nights robberies i think the biggest problem is anyone with a mid tier house is being robbed by an alt and all that money is flowing into one of the top tiers. Anyone have suspicions on which one of the two it is? (i'm assuming it's not smith.)

I rather consider such action an abuse of multiple accounts.

Some guy (Isaac Darryl Mendoza) has just robbed my house for (50$) spending $1800 (randomly decided to smite the kids) and his name has never showed up and never does show up. isn't this some form of abuse?

Hale is also a legit player, Matthais on the forum.

It takes just over five mins from starting a house to go onto the list. So they might have died before they even made it to the list. I have also found that the five min idle thing really isn't five mins, as i have came back 20 mins later and still be in my house.

#6 2014-11-23 12:20:57

JAAM

Passive wrote:

Hale is also a legit player, Matthais on the forum.

It takes just over five mins from starting a house to go onto the list. So they might have died before they even made it to the list. I have also found that the five min idle thing really isn't five mins, as i have came back 20 mins later and still be in my house.

So a Mr. Glaze may be responsible for such cowardly actions considering his wealth is not coming from obvious sources.

It could be a random player but it has already occurred again. A player whom i have never seen burst into my house with 3 clubs to kill my entire family (stealing $25) then left he still has not been seen but i can not wait to see his impressive fortress funded with my $25.

It also appears that new houses (and players) are being brute forced just for the hell of it. (Walked into Robert Henrey Maloney's) I get the whole be a better robber be a better builder concept but these people aren't even looking at the mechanics of the house, they are just trashing it

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-23 12:31:31)

#7 2014-11-23 12:48:06

Passive

Well if you start a new life the same person shouldn't be able to do it to you again for 24 hours;

jasonrohrer wrote:

As requested, here is a list of current server settings that are not visible in the game client:
Force-ignore timeout:  24 hours of listed house time
(How long after you steal from a house until you can see the new-life house of that owner after the owner dies and respawns.)

Dunno if that is still true as some of the other bits in that post aren't. But i think this one is still true.

#8 2014-11-23 12:53:41

JAAM

Ok perhaps i'm wrong just a bit frustrated at all of the random brute forcing against random new players.

Considering i just died in a stupid horrendous manner (props to the guy for tricking me with a toggle pad) Im gonna be leaving 2000 0 0 laying around until everyone has some more money if someone who is not on the house list robs me i will stop.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-23 12:57:40)

#9 2014-11-23 13:37:18

JAAM

Well that was fast i have returned to building a real house...

#10 2014-11-23 14:02:44

Passive

Someone has been doing Santa runs, have managed to grab a tidy sum. Just finished the start of my house hopefully it will clock up some money overnight.

#11 2014-11-23 14:05:35

JAAM

MR. HALE I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU! WALKING INTO MY HOUSE JUST TO CLUB MY WIFE FOR A MEASLY 315$ GOOD SIR I EXPECTED MORE OF YOU!

I ISSUE YOU A CHALLENGE GOOD SIR
SOLVE MY HOUSE WITH ONLY 1 TOOL.

#12 2014-11-23 14:26:24

matthias

no ! itsn me  ! i  lost my identity card one week ago , i think it's passive the killer of your wife ! ( ahahahahaha )

#13 2014-11-23 14:42:09

Passive

matthias wrote:

no ! itsn me  ! i  lost my identity card one week ago , i think it's passive the killer of your wife ! ( ahahahahaha )

Lol if it was me matthias i would of used a gun big_smile Making profit is against the rules big_smile

#14 2014-11-23 14:48:04

matthias

mhhh who    then ? ( tongue ) do you have a record ?

#15 2014-11-23 15:43:07

Passive

Seems someone is doing loads of Santa runs JAM, i have picked up a few and hale/smith are both climbing in value big_smile I am off to bed now so keep an eye out for any new ones i miss big_smile

The only thing i hate is the ones on me never bring any tools sad

Hope it wasn't just you that i brute forced :S If it was you had you combo lock set up wrong.

Last edited by Passive (2014-11-23 15:47:35)

#16 2014-11-23 15:58:54

JAAM

Passive wrote:

Seems someone is doing loads of Santa runs JAM, i have picked up a few and hale/smith are both climbing in value big_smile I am off to bed now so keep an eye out for any new ones i miss big_smile

Hope it wasn't just you that i brute forced :S If it was you had you combo lock set up wrong.

I haven't checked I'm away right now and don't know how to get the mobile running

If it had a realy cheap combo lock with a pitbull leap of faith it was me. I actualy don't know how to realy set a combo lock up but found that cheap design on here and figured I'd give it a try (+ some mods of corse)

Also I'm totally chill with people killing the fam as long as I they leave me compensation for the lost cash and damage.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-23 16:02:42)

#17 2014-11-23 16:07:35

Passive

JAAM wrote:
Passive wrote:

I haven't checked I'm away right now and don't know how to get the mobile running

If it had a realy cheap combo lock with a pitbull leap of faith it was me. I actualy don't know how to realy set a combo lock up but found that cheap design on here and figured I'd give it a try (+ some mods of corse)

Also I'm totally chill with people killing the fam as long as I they leave me compensation for the lost cash and damage.

On the mobile version send Cullman and email through the forum and he should be able to send you the app. He hasn't released it as it is very rough and ready but does the job.

As for the combo lock house, it was your's. The problem with it was all i needed to do was wedge the door open. Drug the pit ball and water the first 5 electric floors. I thought i wasn't going to get it after the first toggle switch didnt turn them off. but you had it set up so even if someone used the wrong switch they could just go back and press all sticky switches to turn them off.

Was a good bit of loot as well :S I am at work tomorrow so maybe if the person doing all the Santa runs is active again then you can beat me to them big_smile As my house is pretty safe for now i hope :S

#18 2014-11-23 16:08:15

JAAM

Passive wrote:
matthias wrote:

Lol if it was me matthias i would of used a gun big_smile Making profit is against the rules big_smile

Passive if you're against killing for profit go take out whites house that's being kept alive via wife. Might take some extra funds tho

#19 2014-11-23 16:12:10

Passive

JAAM wrote:
Passive wrote:
matthias wrote:

Passive if you're against killing for profit go take out whites house that's being kept alive via wife. Might take some extra funds tho

Not really against profits, just when i get a house up and going i usually end up just robbing for the sake of robbing.

My house just got its first casualty someone i haven't seen on the list turns up with $1100 bounty and with a minimum value of $3300 tools. Pity the more you brute force the house the worse it gets big_smile

#20 2014-11-23 16:38:02

JAAM

passive you aren't nicholas mark sherry are you? came in stealing near 3000 from me

if so thanks a lot for breaking the window AND drugging the dog at least you didn't start making me spend major money. now i just need a santa so i can save mah pooch.

Never mind die in a self test

If you see a similar design pop up don't brute force pls it will be almost exactly the same so pls don't take advantage of it.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-23 16:59:29)

#21 2014-11-23 17:08:56

cullman

I have been doing some santa runs.  If someone drops 5 saws in your house that is me.  What do you guys think about a rule that says if your house is less than 3 days old and less than 4k of construction spent, a robber cannot bring a higher retail value of tools than what is in the vault.  I'm not sure if that is English, but hopefully you guys get the gist of what I am suggesting.  I am of course talking about doing this in TH, not TCD as I have no control over the rules in TCD.

#22 2014-11-23 17:14:48

JAAM

cullman wrote:

I have been doing some santa runs.  If someone drops 5 saws in your house that is me.  What do you guys think about a rule that says if your house is less than 3 days old and less than 4k of construction spent, a robber cannot bring a higher retail value of tools than what is in the vault.  I'm not sure if that is English, but hopefully you guys get the gist of what I am suggesting.  I am of course talking about doing this in TH, not TCD as I have no control over the rules in TCD.

I Love it but couldnt it be circumvented by santa runs?

#23 2014-11-23 17:16:37

cullman

JAAM wrote:
cullman wrote:

I Love it but couldnt it be circumvented by santa runs?

Not easily, as Santa Runs would largely be ended by this same scheme.  Which I don't mind since I think Santa runs are done largely to help out little guys who are getting run over by cheaters, dual accounters and guys who will spend $2k to rob a $50 vault.  My thought is the need for Santa Runs will be less.

#24 2014-11-23 17:21:20

JAAM

So who is John Edmund Hale? Matthias claimed it was not him... because John Edmund Hale walked into my house and killed my wife for a total gain of about $115

So tempted to take enough dog meat to brute force Autrey's house but it only has $140 and i know that if i knew my AI movements well enough i could do it... wait nvm that house was broken...

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-23 19:14:32)

#25 2014-11-23 21:56:21

Passive

Hale is him. I think he was just joking. As for Autreys it is broken. Can only be done with meats now.

@cullman. Sounds ok
But people could use it to build up something unbreakable as 3 days is a long time if you just spend all money you get.

Board footer