The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-26 21:33:01

JAAM

Robert Corey Keenan

So it hasn't passed my notice that Mr. Keenan keeps his safe nice and hidden behind a single door in his house leaving him consistently with $0 0 visitors and 0 dead. I've also never seen Keenan turn up outside of the house list (never scouting or robbing). However tonight mr. Keenan not only obtained $1 (Which i promptly stole after getting committed by a dog) broke into my house and did a quick scout at the exact same time. So who is this Keenan and is he being used as an alt scout or an actual player?

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-26 21:33:57)

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#2 2014-11-27 02:48:29

voxel

Re: Robert Corey Keenan

Keenan has been around a long time; I think at least 2 months. I think his house was broken long ago, and I assume he's slowly building it up hidden from view, but since it's taking him so long maybe he's just mostly-inactive (or doesn't have an alt?).

Last edited by voxel (2014-11-27 02:49:25)

#3 2014-11-27 07:07:13

Passive

Yea he has been around about 2 months. I don't think he is that inactive because i try and keep him off the houselist if he pops up, as it increases my bounty. But he is back up on the list pretty quick again after i have rob it. Got a few Santa drops from him as well.

#4 2014-11-27 07:19:09

JAAM

ok id just thought that i would have seen some more activity from him than last night.

sorry i think this game is making me quite paranoid.

#5 2014-11-27 10:04:48

Passive

Not sure i you will have seen these JAAM but they are very useful and took me a while to find when i started big_smile
Castle editor to plan your house.
http://castledraft.com/editor/

Simulator so you can test it. The last digits "pq6u70" are the digits you get when you share the design on castledraft.
http://ec2-54-197-125-240.compute-1.ama … mid=pq6U7O

#6 2014-11-27 10:36:44

JAAM

OH joy ive heard of castle draft but not the simulator will definitely take a look soon and use it to test my designs more thoroughly

#7 2014-11-27 12:31:08

JAAM

you know i'm quite happy with my current house i stole the magic dance set up strait off of here (mostly cause i wasn't sure how they worked and how to set it up) then modified it.

Currently survived 5 brute force attacks (after one guy forced past it and left one of my pitbulls in a pit oh the irony successfully robbing it)

one guy has even figured out the dance and it still managed to kill him.

Ok 1 victor so far and he even taught me something about my own dance that i didn't even know. now i just need some cash for a minor repair and some new failsafes.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-27 14:03:24)

#8 2014-11-27 14:13:18

Passive

Did you lose much? It is always shocking when you expect a trap to work one way then all of a sudden someone has made it completely useless. I have had it loads, been looking at one part of the map so much i didn't notice that there was an easy work/brute force around. Seeing the wood for the trees big_smile

As for the repairs i haven't been in much but all houses seem to be shooting up so i guess AMwhy and others are still doing Santa runs.

#9 2014-11-27 14:26:41

JAAM

$3216 and it wasn't even a brute force attack the guy did use $2000 in tools but wasted them all trying to bypass a door that i made 2k invulnerable. im still trying to think of a work around for his work around. This guy has me stumped.

Got the money for basic repairs and perhaps a slight twist on my design that with his work around he could figure out it's not much and a simple fluke could disarm it.

I currently have $650 so all you people out there that are up for a interesting challenge come pay me a visit

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-27 14:29:22)

#10 2014-11-27 14:31:55

Passive

You using the same design as before? You sorted it out so if you use the wrong pressure switch you can't ever get it to work right?

Example:
WRQ6mE0.png

If you don't get the code right first time you aren't ever getting through without force big_smile (obviously it would be a lot more reinforced big_smile)

Last edited by Passive (2014-11-27 14:32:13)

#11 2014-11-27 14:40:30

JAAM

Passive wrote:

You using the same design as before? You sorted it out so if you use the wrong pressure switch you can't ever get it to work right?

Example:
http://i.imgur.com/WRQ6mE0.png

If you don't get the code right first time you aren't ever getting through without force big_smile (obviously it would be a lot more reinforced big_smile)

yes if you hit the wrong one everything breaks but this guy's scouting must have payed off (or he got quite lucky) either way with only 3 pressure pads in there its a bit fun to watch peoples reaction.

I guess my biggest concern is that even though i have a magic dance now i know that it's only half as defensive as it should have been.

However this place does have plenty of defense against brute force because i got tired of watching people saw into my rooms and shoot all of my dogs over and over again.

One guy did have a blast when it was broken he went to saw some walls trying to discover the combos and found a dog ran back (leaving the dog near a pit blocking the exit) and found a broken dog sawed into another room and found a third dog where the remaining 2 chased him into a pit

Moral of the story leave my ******* walls alone.

AHHAHH figured out a way to stump the pattern he did you now do it my way or not at all. It instantly claimed a 2k scout carrying all the wrong tools to try to break the place. (nvm the scout was a santa that has been carrying a very strange set of tools to a lot of houses)

suddenly worth 5700 Which should draw in a few bounties

NVM someone brute forced the house again litteraly within minutes. Guess i forgot to connect a wire somewhere....

found the problem total cost of the fix (Brute forcing + wiring error) $226 FML

and now i've fixed it. thanks santas that leave things in solved houses!

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-27 15:29:48)

#12 2014-11-27 22:42:44

JAAM

Passive wrote:

Not sure i you will have seen these JAAM but they are very useful and took me a while to find when i started big_smile
Castle editor to plan your house.
http://castledraft.com/editor/

Simulator so you can test it. The last digits "pq6u70" are the digits you get when you share the design on castledraft.
http://ec2-54-197-125-240.compute-1.ama … mid=pq6U7O

hmmm i cant get the sim to work it just shows me a castledraft sheet.

any help?

Wow iv'e found that i (whatever my name is) don't really die. my wealth skyrockets then someone (typically Troy Phillip Walker who likes to tunnel through walls) will take it all from me and thus i go out look at the houses iv'e solved and see they now have 1000+ sitting in them from random santas that reappeared recently. i swoop in intercept the cash then fix my place allowing it to make small quantities while i'm away. I guess it's just a nice persistent house.

Id love to use the sim to test one add on to my house that's more of a fun little thing than an devilish trap as long as no one breaks through my walls again ill be fine.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-27 23:19:26)

#13 2014-11-28 00:10:07

Passive

To get the sim started you need to press the right arrow key.

#14 2014-11-28 02:32:10

williad2
Website

I could be paranoid, are you talking about my house?  It has a row of dogs above, a commit trap door to the right of the entrance and a door below with the safe behind it.  If this matches the description of the house you are talking about?  Then Yes this is my house.

Its been under development for more than 3 months with the safe routinely broken into every day.  Three steps and you have access to an empty safe.

What remains beyond the safe, wooden walls, concrete and pits is a secret.  They have been placed there to keep the public from viewing the rest of the house until I gather enough Santa runs to finish it.  Logic being that people use mapping technique and solve the puzzles as its being developed.  Player with 3 or more accounts can pretty much solve any house they have records of that day.

So the house will remain under development until I feel confident its finished.

On a side note: Would you believe people actually tried brute forcing their way beyond the safe to have a peek at the rest of the house .  These folks have spent large amount of tools, I'm not talking about the 2k run, I'm talking 10k worth of tools on an EMPTY house.  Its crazy to see players brute force their way through a house that has no cash and the safe is right in front of you.

What can you do?

Last edited by williad2 (2014-11-28 02:33:47)

Your allowed 3 steps into my house.  Any more than that and your mine.

#15 2014-11-28 03:13:59

Passive

williad2 wrote:

Its been under development for more than 3 months with the safe routinely broken into every day.

3 months that is dedication big_smile Yea you are certainly Robert Corey Keenan. Thanks for the many times i have got a Santa out of you big_smile

#16 2014-11-28 04:55:12

voxel

Oh, hi.
If I had the cash I would have tried to break out and look around the house. A fortified house with the vault by the door only makes me more curious. I wonder how often people shoot your dogs?

Speaking of which, I like what Mickens is planning with his house. Also has the vault on the doorstep and everything else (badly) hidden, but the house is about 3% complete. When I see an interesting but broken/no-trap house like that I try to build up a bounty and get killed by the wife, but unfortunately Mickens purchased a bunch of pitbulls but no shotgun sad

Last edited by voxel (2014-11-28 05:01:57)

#17 2014-11-28 07:48:37

JAAM

good to meet you good sir and i can not wait to see your house come to it's potential.

well troy walker has robbed me again i guess fooling around with designs that leave the vault locked away but not dangerous aren't as useful if people have enough money to buy 3 crowbars. if i knew the guy would leave me alone i might keep it up and see if anyone can do a zero tool run now all my doors are broke tho leaving perhaps some interesting design choices in the future. i guess i may never get to add my new fun add on.

#18 2014-11-28 07:59:35

Passive

I have had enough fun for now, i shall leave you alone big_smile

But having the vault in such an obvious place makes it very easy to brute force. Each time i have easily doubled my money.

#19 2014-11-28 08:47:13

JAAM

Passive wrote:

But having the vault in such an obvious place makes it very easy to brute force. Each time i have easily doubled my money.

good to know i'm in the clear for a while my plan is to change it up soon but by the time the next thought struck me you already tore it down.
i would prefer you actually attempt my little fun dance (no commit promise) but just breaking through my doors is no fun...
total cost of my add on will be some 5-6000 so i may need a while before i can get more up.

ive been tempted to just take a bunch of water to your house but i figure you have more hidden traps in there.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-28 08:52:06)

#20 2014-11-28 08:53:54

Passive

JAAM wrote:
Passive wrote:

good to know i'm in the clear for a while my plan is to change it up soon but by the time the next thought struck me you already tore it down.
i would prefer you actually attempt my little fun dance (no commit promise) but just breaking through my doors is no fun...
total cost of my add on will be some 5-6000 so i may need a while before i can get more up.

Wouldn't risk a dog dance when whilst i have a house (currently the house is worth about $60k big_smile), when i die i'll give it a try without tools. But currently am enjoying my house big_smile Voxel complained that my combo lock design wasn't fun, so i have a whole new design with no combo locks. So far the videos have been pretty interesting to watch, however people are a lot more scared of the entrance then i thought they would be.

#21 2014-11-28 08:56:38

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:
Passive wrote:

Wouldn't risk a dog dance when whilst i have a house (currently the house is worth about $60k big_smile), when i die i'll give it a try without tools. But currently am enjoying my house big_smile Voxel complained that my combo lock design wasn't fun, so i have a whole new design with no combo locks. So far the videos have been pretty interesting to watch, however people are a lot more scared of the entrance then i thought they would be.

it does look like a bunch of water will take me strait through but with a nice solid house (prob only 10-15K) i think id rather not play around with those doors.

and if you get to the end my ending will be loads of fun (assuming you don't smash it to bits)

huh someone just came in but they didn't leave a tape. what gives.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-28 10:14:00)

#22 2014-11-28 10:33:51

Passive

No tape if they don't take any steps, but still keeps you out of your house.

#23 2014-11-28 11:17:58

JAAM

ahh thanks that was an awful long time to sit on my doormat tho

Just shoved on the new add on made for a much more tense self test because i had never played with that style of logic until now did over an hour of unarmed testing on that section alone

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-28 11:19:25)

#24 2014-11-28 11:58:44

Passive

JAAM wrote:

Just shoved on the new add on made for a much more tense self test because i had never played with that style of logic until now did over an hour of unarmed testing on that section alone

Look forward to seeing it tongue Also i have noticed who it was who was robbing me every min when i was first starting out.....

SZdKZlc.png
zwTZteC.png

(It's you big_smile)

#25 2014-11-28 12:00:45

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:

Look forward to seeing it tongue Also i have noticed who it was who was robbing me every min when i was first starting out.....

http://i.imgur.com/SZdKZlc.png
http://i.imgur.com/zwTZteC.png

(It's you big_smile)

yeah i figured this was your attempt at revenge. i was feeling guilty but since you kept reseting it i thought ehh free money is free money why pass it up?

The new add on is mostly there to give people a little game to play at the end.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-11-28 12:05:55)

Board footer