The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2014-11-25 16:07:43

Passive

Re: Any ways to bring preexisting player back into the game?

JAAM wrote:

ohh glaze is dead i was wondering what had happend.

Yea i killed him

http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=3052

I think you are you J J Hair. but can't be sure as have chills on it.

#52 2014-11-25 16:25:26

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:

ohh glaze is dead i was wondering what had happend.

Yea i killed him

http://thecastledoctrine.net/forums/vie … hp?id=3052

I think you are you J J Hair. but can't be sure as have chills on it.

nope not hair

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#53 2014-11-25 19:48:16

AMWhy

Mr Bishop was kind enough to leave 11k bounty in my house.  Thank you.

#54 2014-11-26 01:37:07

voxel

Bishop? Didn't he have a high end house a while ago before being broken? Can't really remember.

Right now a surprising number of fairly expensive houses have appeared in the neighbourhood. 22 houses in total. Any idea what the cause of the surge could be?

Glaze's house was back, with the vault on the doormat.

JAAM, you're Shawn Dean Addington.

#55 2014-11-26 02:08:24

Passive

My guess on the surge would be that people who own the game still check in every now and then. Normally they see 4-8 low value or super fortresses so dont bother trying to start. But as the numbers of mid range houses increase more people will be inclined to start.

#56 2014-11-26 10:49:40

JAAM

you know at this point both hale and smith have decent funds i kinda want to see a showdown.

#57 2014-11-26 12:17:16

JAAM

you know i'm looking at this game thinking that i could make a similar game that is almost a mixture of Minecraft and TCD using this to make a far creepier setting. the only problem would be camera set up and interaction (real time instead of turn based and how to film the entirety of a  first person maze that is user created) odds are it would include similar TCD tiles + alternate wiring tiles (vertical voltage trigger switches and such) perhaps even throw in some of the time mechanics of SuperHot (time only moves when you move) to give the person more time to think and act simulating turn based action.

And now i'm hooked on my own idea time to learn how to code more than my (rather pathetic) python skills.

#58 2014-11-27 03:38:28

voxel

Hey, have fun. mcedit is written in Python, but there's probably far simpler minecraft-likes written in python which you could play around with.

Wow, you know what's a really great trap? Making your house look broken when it's not. People seem pretty willing to walk down a corridor of grills if it looks like whoever robbed the house broke into that corridor and waltzed down it themselves.

#59 2014-11-27 07:09:56

JAAM

voxel wrote:

Hey, have fun. mcedit is written in Python, but there's probably far simpler minecraft-likes written in python which you could play around with.

Wow, you know what's a really great trap? Making your house look broken when it's not. People seem pretty willing to walk down a corridor of grills if it looks like whoever robbed the house broke into that corridor and waltzed down it themselves.

Hmm i might have a go but my knowledge is still a bit too basic i couldn't hardly get a game of memory to work properly.

Also pit bulls right behind people ususal saw points makes it impossible to get back and is quite fun to watch them run around trying to delay the inevitable.

#60 2014-11-27 07:10:02

Passive

I am still liking having a house as a one time only robbery house. i.e when someone has already robbed you thye have killed say a cat and now the house can never be robbed again but by still try and get themselves trapped big_smile But you need a wife with money alive for it. (For all you people who sacrifice your wife at the front door)

#61 2014-11-27 07:17:43

JAAM

Passive wrote:

I am still liking having a house as a one time only robbery house. i.e when someone has already robbed you thye have killed say a cat and now the house can never be robbed again but by still try and get themselves trapped big_smile But you need a wife with money alive for it. (For all you people who sacrifice your wife at the front door)

ok ok im sorry wife and kids but id rather not be losing massive amounts of money later because some guy clubbed and shot all my pitbulls which are expensive as **** and id rather not people be able to save the changes they make to my house

#62 2014-11-28 04:51:49

voxel

Aside from the occasional pitbull on the doormat I'm not sure that I've actually seen a one-time robbable house, but it is a pretty cool concept and I might try to make one sometime; good for leaving your house to itself. I notice that White is running out of pitbulls; I'll be sad to see him go (

JAAM: that's what I used to think, but actually keeping your wife alive has some significant benefits:
-reduces the amount of cash in the vault, making brute forcing less profitable
-reserve cash in case you get robbed
-wife traps
-pitbulls can be moved, so wife defenses can be repurposed, especially if your house is broken and you need something to protect your vault

If you place/use pitbulls effectively then they can be worth the price.

#63 2014-11-28 05:19:47

Passive

voxel wrote:

Aside from the occasional pitbull on the doormat I'm not sure that I've actually seen a one-time robbable house, but it is a pretty cool concept and I might try to make one sometime; good for leaving your house to itself.

Eppfel had quiet a good one ("Riddick" maybe?) After it was solved once took some serious brute force to rob it again.

Board footer