The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-10 19:19:52

JAAM

Mobile houses

So right now i have a house design up and it may be something i go back to from time to time. a house made entirely out of mobiles with a few blocks added to block vision in some areas. The great thing about this though is that even after robbery i can change the whole layout into something very strange and new. it is a fluid house! for all you people out there trying to find it is mostly comprised of 2 panic buttons and about 6 dogs visible from the entrance. while the whole scheme is a bit more complicated i think it's fun to have such an open layout that is still so confined. i have enough resources built in that it is 2k proof and contains 30 total non mobiles for a very open and visible design. and if it ever gets solved i can take half the house and move it anywhere i want to without any consequence. the only weakness is the permanent damage of clubs (still 2k proof for the 2 people that brought in 10 clubs only to find that killing dogs doesn't help you in my house.) it even features mobile commits.

so now i want to see your designs using only mobiles and under 50 blocks that can be rearranged to any configuration for under $100

House just hit the 3000 range i don't believe it will stand much longer... waiting for the clubs to come raining down...

bought more dogs to repair inevitable club damage. 1800

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-10 20:06:59)

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#2 2014-12-10 20:35:30

AMWhy

Re: Mobile houses

I just took a peek inside the door.  It looks refreshing!  Your name is Chad Arthur Stahl.

#3 2014-12-10 20:40:43

JAAM

AMWhy wrote:

I just took a peek inside the door.  It looks refreshing!  Your name is Chad Arthur Stahl.

i noticed you took a quick peek in glad too hear i was trying to think of something that was not a combo-lock, magic dance, or some strange commit gate that you had to do cross in a strange fashion. and since most heavier electronics still baffle me i figured might as well invent my own new trick!

Just did the calculations over 8040 in mobiles alone yikes

Resetting the vault location is funny too because there is so much variety with this that it can go anywhere that as soon as someone checks a location ill switch it up and now they have to check even more tiles!

Run out of money to replace with chihuahuas for testing i'm going to die very very soon.

Ahh some one just had such a nice attempt got to explore 2 of the three doors instead of the usual it took him a club a gun and 5 meats before he went down. i hope to see another try from this good sir!

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-10 20:59:00)

#4 2014-12-10 20:57:47

cullman

I don't know if it's quite 2k proof.  I got 2 try to out of the 3 doors (granted it was the wrong 2). using 6 meats, 1 club and 1 gun.  If I had brought 5 meats, 1 club, 1 gun and 1 water I could have tried all 3 doors (I think).  Neat house anyway, I think pet movement is under used by most.

#5 2014-12-10 21:02:47

JAAM

lol it was a good video nice try mate. ill have to add in some more doors or something. i dont actualy know that much about pet movement just the mobile stuff so i figured id put this together and if some one completed it i could always change the location of the entire house for free. there is one thing you are missing though. there are two more solutions you never even saw... you never got near my vault big_smile

yikes overlooking the video using 2 meat and 2 clubs you can lock up every dog on that final chase though. that might get messy. Fixed that up pretty easy though MORE DOGS YEAH.

My biggest concern is that im sure people are entering my house but they never take the first step so i dont get a tape so i can not be sure...

So far this house has yielded my favorite tapes for clever tool use random stupid deaths and hopeless back and forth delaying of the inevitable.

Watching these videos is almost like testing my house from a non risk point of view i can see what is accessible without ever testing it. see new potential vault locations and check out where more dogs can fit big_smile

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-11 06:29:09)

#6 2014-12-11 18:40:47

JAAM

Mr. Stahl has fallen and someone new has risen in his place. Good game to the man with the wife dog commit stuck my head in a bit too far there. think my bounty was a few thousand as the guy has it back up for 3300 with only 1100 in it to begin with, and after a few changes im sure.

RIP my starving dogs.

Will change the config of this new house once i have enough money for now im sticking to the basics of ehh dog commit people will stay away or bring so much meat its not worth it (only 10$)

#7 2014-12-13 21:55:14

JAAM

House is up to stay now. Mostly Mobile with the end made of a few halls and doors to prevent the effectiveness of scouting (could view answer in 1 go) and a classic dog required commit to stop people from screwing with things (cough cullman cough).
Also was extremely happy to see another house pulling my same start up of 4-6 dogs and 2 buttons feel like I finally have something that I can trace directly to me (I'm sure similar thoughts and plans existed but I think this one can be considered mine big_smile ). Scored a 3200 bounty erlier so I'm taking that as a testament to the design strength(non tooled) So many dogs partially hidden creat very funny videos of people coming in with 20-30 meat only to find they are committed and my house hates life.

I think I'm gonna start something though. I am no longer going to sell meat clubs or guns and use them to record stats about those marvoulouse people with the guts (or lack thereof) to enter my house with such items

#8 2014-12-13 22:29:13

JAAM

House is up to stay now. Mostly Mobile with the end made of a few halls and doors to prevent the effectiveness of scouting (could view answer in 1 go) and a classic dog required commit to stop people from screwing with things (cough cullman cough).
Also was extremely happy to see another house pulling my same start up of 4-6 dogs and 2 buttons feel like I finally have something that I can trace directly to me (I'm sure similar thoughts and plans existed but I think this one can be considered mine big_smile ). Scored a 3200 bounty erlier so I'm taking that as a testament to the design strength(non tooled) So many dogs partially hidden creat very funny videos of people coming in with 20-30 meat only to find they are committed and my house hates life.

I think I'm gonna start something though. I am no longer going to sell meat clubs or guns and use them to record stats about those marvoulouse people with the guts (or lack thereof) to enter my house with such items

#9 2014-12-14 03:55:58

Passive

Sorry but I just robbed you. You were worth $7500 I came with 20 meats 14 of which had been dropped.  Ended up only using 6 which felt a waste. Trying to think of ways to strengthen it with only mobiles. Problem is meats are so cheap.

#10 2014-12-14 07:45:23

JAAM

nahh its fine ill just have to find ways to add more dogs in those areas, before you another guy came in clubbing about 5 and screwing with the positions of every other one before killing my wife (and dieing) so you should have met more resistance. You also took an unexpected rout. If you had done things the normal way (the way everyone does it tooled or not) you couldn't have done it with the materials you had. Either way i have enough spare dogs lying around to fix the damage since that was the whole point of this, Rob me but once you do i can change the whole layout of the house for next time.

You are John Richard Milo and i hate your house. using epffel's design of cat dance. your addition of that commit gate prevents me from trying more often...

Just killed 2 people trying to rob my 0$ house because they thought the layout may still be

And now im back at 3.3K just enough to attract some low scale thievery :D

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-14 08:05:37)

#11 2014-12-14 08:04:53

Passive

JAAM wrote:

nahh its fine ill just have to find ways to add more dogs in those areas, before you another guy came in clubbing about 5 and screwing with the positions of every other one before killing my wife (and dieing) so you should have met more resistance. You also took an unexpected rout. If you had done things the normal way (the way everyone does it tooled or not) you couldn't have done it with the materials you had. Either way i have enough spare dogs lying around to fix the damage since that was the whole point of this, Rob me but once you do i can change the whole layout of the house for next time.

You are John Richard Milo and i hate your house. using epffel's design of cat dance. your addition of that commit gate prevents me from trying more often...

probably going to score when one of these people looking to scout out my 0$ house gets killed poking around a bit too much.

Yea i had been in you're previous house before setting up this one so i knew that the middle of the house was packed with dogs so chose to go there last if i had to.

It is an out and out theft of Eppffel's design, and the reason is i couldn't figure out how to complete it so i first had the safe the other side of the door and then just watched videos of people robbing me to see what the cat did big_smile I also wanted to replicate the next few sections of his house that i have on my map, but as i can't complete them wouldn't be able to self test (took a long time of building before that dawned on me big_smile)

#12 2014-12-14 08:07:29

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:

probably going to score when one of these people looking to scout out my 0$ house gets killed poking around a bit too much.

Yea i had been in you're previous house before setting up this one so i knew that the middle of the house was packed with dogs so chose to go there last if i had to.

It is an out and out theft of Eppffel's design, and the reason is i couldn't figure out how to complete it so i first had the safe the other side of the door and then just watched videos of people robbing me to see what the cat did big_smile I also wanted to replicate the next few sections of his house that i have on my map, but as i can't complete them wouldn't be able to self test (took a long time of building before that dawned on me big_smile)

Well i hope you enjoyed some of my viedos mixed in there. That is a decent idea if you want to get someone elses opinion on how to break a house set up a similar design and watch them.
The santas are busy this morning. I now own $5500 i think today is going to be a good day.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-14 08:08:55)

#13 2014-12-14 08:16:37

Passive

JAAM wrote:
Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:

Well i hope you enjoyed some of my viedos mixed in there. That is a decent idea if you want to get someone elses opinion on how to break a house set up a similar design and watch them.
The santas are busy this morning. I now own $5500 i think today is going to be a good day.

I have stopped picking up free houses and Santas for now as don't really need the money, however i do still have a look around the houses. Don't wanna end up being one of those people stuck in their ivory towers. Yea i just saw your value increase, leaving it for now as we seem to be the only actives big_smile

#14 2014-12-14 08:19:59

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:
Passive wrote:

I have stopped picking up free houses and Santas for now as don't really need the money, however i do still have a look around the houses. Don't wanna end up being one of those people stuck in their ivory towers. Yea i just saw your value increase, leaving it for now as we seem to be the only actives big_smile

I think there is a bit more activity going on than you and I there have been at least 3 new houses go up recently and all at least 2 of them were put together like the people were new, one was just someone spamming walls and hiding their vault in it... I try not to brute force a house unless i can do so with under 2K tools and once i do so it teaches them something about their design. found 3 houses that can be cleaned using only a brick and a club

And with all this robbery and santaing my house is remaining untouched because those that go in never take a second step, they just figure the house is broken, or know it isnt worth trying.

im so confused i went into one of teh brick and a club places but my value dropped by 2-3k from tools i think. Did i just mistakenly buy a crowbar to go club a dog?

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-14 08:31:48)

#15 2014-12-14 08:35:37

Passive

JAAM wrote:

I think there is a bit more activity going on than you and I there have been at least 3 new houses go up recently and all at least 2 of them were put together like the people were new, one was just someone spamming walls and hiding their vault in it... I try not to brute force a house unless i can do so with under 2K tools and once i do so it teaches them something about their design. found 3 houses that can be cleaned using only a brick and a club

And with all this robbery and santaing my house is remaining untouched because those that go in never take a second step, they just figure the house is broken, or know it isnt worth trying.

im so confused i went into one of teh brick and a club places but my value dropped by 2-3k from tools i think. Did i just mistakenly buy a crowbar to go club a dog?

:S Ouch I have you valued at 4k. Also just lightly bruteforce a house that was kind of broken. Took (after a quick nose showed a broken dog and dead wife) 4 meats and 3 saws just in case. Ended up just using 2 meats, feel a bit dirty for doing it now, but i haven't the courage/time to have a go at one of the top houses.

#16 2014-12-14 08:47:44

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:

:S Ouch I have you valued at 4k. Also just lightly bruteforce a house that was kind of broken. Took (after a quick nose showed a broken dog and dead wife) 4 meats and 3 saws just in case. Ended up just using 2 meats, feel a bit dirty for doing it now, but i haven't the courage/time to have a go at one of the top houses.

yeah i think i must have taken a crowbar in either way someone came in a few min later and dropped a 1.3K bounty so im getting that cash back fast enough. The few that try my house are typically established enough to have a nice bounty and almost always underestimate my design.

Just bought several thousand more in dogs... what am i doing with my life?

Someone keeps scouting my house and dieing in the most ridiculous repetitive ways...

Got some new art Dogs, Membrane, Disintegration, and Dead End. big_smile

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-14 12:38:43)

#17 2014-12-22 12:57:56

JAAM

Got a new mobile house up lasted 7 attempts before someone figured it out keeping it up its funny to watch and few people successfully kill my dogs and live to tell the tale... right after the robbery someone else did find the vault but it was empty so he met his fate or my dog thats named fate. I will miss that dogs painting i thought it suited the house quite nicely.

Also while your all peeking around could someone tell me my name?

Board footer