The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#251 2014-12-07 17:37:28

JAAM

Re: The Fortress of Mr. Corey Phillip Smith

eppfel wrote:

I reveal so much of the solution of the house and you still waste so much money on the red herring. Let's prevent that in the future:

The Floor of 1000 deaths

The way southwards is a feint, although I designed the electric floor solvable. I dislike electric floor traps. They take a lot of space and normally can be surpassed easily. It is the first I ever build and although it is a fake, I took special care in designing it. First you have to solve it correctly in order to surpass the trapdoor. Second, the dog moves vertically and horizontal. That makes it harder to figure out the solution, because the toggle switches can not be turned of again.
http://i.imgur.com/TT0iYRS.png
I think 90% of the money the house makes, comes from this trap. If the house had just the door in the beginning, nobody would even die in there.

I just give it a go when i have already screwed up the first part and am on a suicide run, i guess i could try over and over to figure out the first part but part of me really doesn't want to because then i'd be invested enough to do nothing but try over and over again until i finally cracked the whole place and i don't want to be that obsessed over one house.

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#252 2014-12-07 19:59:05

AMWhy

It took me a long time to *pause* my obsession with Smith's house.  I'll be back when I have proper access to the game - that is when I'm on a PC with more than an hour to play.

#253 2014-12-07 20:08:53

AMWhy

I've just had a look at my vids.  The last 19 people to set foot in my house all died.  Only Eppfel has passed the first trap correctly (how you worked out the correct route, I'll never know).  No one else has come close.  I'm building too much cash though - I don't know when I can get to a computer to change it.

#254 2014-12-11 17:51:29

JAAM

Well if I had the cash to get in and out alive I would but if I died who would feed my dogs? I know enough about the place to consider trying it but it's just not enough.
And im dead after poking my head too far into a wife commit trap... should have seen it coming but still Good luck to whoever you are seeing that you took yourself off the list instantly and havent come back.
Did rob someone after guessing a random magic dance these things are getting too predictable. and have a new mobile house up.

@AMWhy i do like your dance easy enough but at the same time very funny to try I do wonder what lies behind that door...

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-11 18:32:35)

#255 2014-12-14 10:03:52

eppfel
Website

AMWhy wrote:

Only Eppfel has passed the first trap correctly (how you worked out the correct route, I'll never know).

The cat gives you a good idea and I came in with a crowbar once, I thought I had left a tape?

$200k

I think my explanation of the entrance is far from easy and due to a recent copycat wink, who let himself get robbed in order to understand cat movement. Here is something visual:
ZiKMZ03.gif
Btw, what are you waiting for, guys???

#256 2014-12-14 10:23:35

JAAM

eppfel wrote:
AMWhy wrote:

Only Eppfel has passed the first trap correctly (how you worked out the correct route, I'll never know).

The cat gives you a good idea and I came in with a crowbar once, I thought I had left a tape?

$200k

I think my explanation of the entrance is far from easy and due to a recent copycat wink, who let himself get robbed in order to understand cat movement. Here is something visual:
http://i.imgur.com/ZiKMZ03.gif
Btw, what are you waiting for, guys???

Dammit eppfel you and your attempts to snare me.
NO I WILL NOT GO INTO THAT DEATH TRAP

#257 2014-12-14 13:39:23

Passive

Sorry Eppfel but i just don't know enough not to waste money/die trying.

On a side note:

Boom Headshot

5RWmmjr.png

And it was a total $98500 all money no tools (forgot to screenshot). I also took far more tools then it turned out i needed :S

B8V8Lid.png

Would just like to say it was a wonderful house, and when i didn't have a house i tried a few toolless runs, but i never got very far as i still don't really get cat movements. However i think the main problem with the house was there were no choices to be made, it was just a straight path pretty much pointing to were the safe was :S

Found screen shot

2Fappnb.png

Last edited by Passive (2014-12-14 13:53:53)

#258 2014-12-14 14:16:48

matthias

yup, gg =o no one could find how pass the first trap , i'am pretty happy with this smile i post the map

#259 2014-12-14 14:23:11

Passive

matthias wrote:

yup, gg =o no one could find how pass the first trap , i'am pretty happy with this smile i post the map

Don't post, i think you can easily get the money together to fix it and i wont be bruteforcing it any time soon, cost me about 20k so just wouldn't be worth it big_smile

Edit:

Sorry AMWhy.

G2zlo2C.png

7ST8YqQ.png

Last edited by Passive (2014-12-14 14:30:21)

#260 2014-12-14 14:31:39

matthias

map00143.jpg

to pass the first trap you need to activate first the firefloor,  and then do the cat dance smile

#261 2014-12-14 14:33:44

Passive

Looking at it i pretty much had the whole map big_smile

#262 2014-12-14 14:52:53

JAAM

Dang i peek at the list and 2 of the major houses are off and what do i know passive has gone and done it again.
now dont die in a self test dammit.

@matthias i kept looking at that house scratching my head knowing how it works and how it has to be done but still just confused enough on how to do it. enough meat a crow bar a ladder and some other basics probobly would have dealt with that trap and i hated the idea of losing my house too much to give it a shot. I fucking hate that chihuahua for some reason i always felt like it mocked my failure.

wait nvm wrong house.....

I hated that cat that cat mocked my failure. I did feel close once on that then relised there was actualy a magic dance as i died miserably

Just got a funny video of some poor soul trapped on a set of 3 panic buttons with 39 dogs surrounding him. ran back and forth for 150 steps.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-14 15:04:27)

#263 2014-12-14 15:06:03

Passive

$70,000 spent and still didn't crack smith. He is seriously fortified..... However i now have a lot more map.

Last edited by Passive (2014-12-14 15:07:47)

#264 2014-12-14 15:16:37

JAAM

So what i want to know is how much more is beyond this because i think i can do the first parts but once im into the unknown im gonna be screwed.

So tempted to try just a little gap in my knowledge preventing me from running in now if i had a spare crowbar id run right in.

Last edited by JAAM (2014-12-14 15:23:55)

#265 2014-12-14 15:37:49

Passive

JAAM wrote:

So what i want to know is how much more is beyond this because i think i can do the first parts but once im into the unknown im gonna be screwed.

So tempted to try just a little gap in my knowledge preventing me from running in now if i had a spare crowbar id run right in.

Just to give you a hint my next run is still gonna need about 10 crowbars....

Just got tool'd up and Mr.Smith is MIA :S

Last edited by Passive (2014-12-14 15:57:37)

#266 2014-12-14 16:06:10

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:

Just to give you a hint my next run is still gonna need about 10 crowbars....

Just got tool'd up and Mr.Smith is MIA :S

that was me i tried it and what do you know im dead...
i figured i could do it but didn't plan on the second cat puzzle being quite so tricky a second crowbar and i'm pretty sure i could have made it entirely through what has been shown with the materials i had...

#267 2014-12-14 16:07:46

JAAM

Did you just die... house not on the list smith still up 20K richer...

#268 2014-12-14 16:09:47

Passive

JAAM wrote:

i figured i could do it but didn't plan on the second cat puzzle being quite so tricky a second crowbar and i'm pretty sure i could have made it entirely through what has been shown with the materials i had...

At least you tried :S However the house just gets harder past that part. My last little run cost about 30k, and Epffel is likely to laugh at it, however i now know for about 85% the exact square the safe is on big_smile I just got carried away with crow bars and forgot to take other tools which would of meant i could get it sad Now just to wait some days to get the funds for tools sad Yay just picked up 2 santa runs, guessing they were you?

You have also been in my house a while big_smile

Last edited by Passive (2014-12-14 16:13:49)

#269 2014-12-14 16:22:28

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:

At least you tried :S However the house just gets harder past that part. My last little run cost about 30k, and Epffel is likely to laugh at it, however i now know for about 85% the exact square the safe is on big_smile I just got carried away with crow bars and forgot to take other tools which would of meant i could get it sad Now just to wait some days to get the funds for tools sad Yay just picked up 2 santa runs, guessing they were you?

You have also been in my house a while big_smile

lol i hope you enjoy the tape i left you of my attempted no tool painting extraction.

yeah teh santas were me chilled out of everywhere just gonna sit back and take a break i think. i had about 50 dogs in my last house and im still a bit bummed over it....

#270 2014-12-14 16:25:07

Passive

JAAM wrote:

lol i hope you enjoy the tape i left you of my attempted no tool painting extraction.

yeah teh santas were me chilled out of everywhere just gonna sit back and take a break i think. i had about 50 dogs in my last house and im still a bit bummed over it....

You got pretty far considering you are the first one past the Eppfel rip off. I wanted to do my powered door maze again as it always leaves interesting tapes.

#271 2014-12-14 16:41:28

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:

You got pretty far considering you are the first one past the Eppfel rip off. I wanted to do my powered door maze again as it always leaves interesting tapes.

Im the first? its an exact clone... that dog though i'm assuming there was a sticky i missed?

#272 2014-12-14 17:02:39

Passive

JAAM wrote:

Im the first? its an exact clone... that dog though i'm assuming there was a sticky i missed?

Even with the .gif showing how to get past it no one has big_smile

Nope no sticky there, just magic big_smile

#273 2014-12-14 17:29:40

AMWhy

The frustrating thing is I don't have access to a PC right now.  I've been wanting to make changes for a week but daren't on my phone.  Hopefully in a few hours...

#274 2014-12-14 17:32:27

Passive

AMWhy wrote:

The frustrating thing is I don't have access to a PC right now.  I've been wanting to make changes for a week but daren't on my phone.  Hopefully in a few hours...

Yea your wife was surprisingly ungaurded so guessed you hadn't finished.

#275 2014-12-14 18:41:50

JAAM

i poked around again passive your dogs are fun!

Board footer