The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-14 17:54:40

JAAM

Mr. Hunnicutt's end...

Well it has been done Mr. Provost took all $214K only to die that very evening. he blew several giant holes in the wall and didn't even bother to play with the only fun mechanic in the house. an 8000 step clock. Thats right the whole place was a ruse. the little entrance dance was just built to make the place seem like an authentic building. after the dance lay a 3 button combo lock to switch on the clock where the robber would be trapped in a room forced to walk back and forth for 8000 steps until the door opened. after that he was then forced to take 8000 more to allow the trapdoors to close. The whole place was supposed to trick you into thinking you messed up the combo or some elaborate dance. and even if you did figure it out, force you out of time. Using a very fast key bind the fastest i managed to get through the place was 18.5 minutes.

http://castledraft.com/editor/FKnIwH

I could have fixed up the place pretty easy. a small donation would have bought the small upgrade i needed to fix the walls. but mr. Hunnicutt has had his fair share of glory time to move on to something better...

Now who gets the bounty???

Last edited by JAAM (2015-04-14 18:08:31)

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#2 2015-04-15 09:40:17

Frosty

Re: Mr. Hunnicutt's end...

Wow, that's evil... But nice idea anyway. smile

Using a very fast key bind the fastest i managed to get through the place was 18.5 minutes.

So much for every house being solvable without tools. ^^

Last edited by Frosty (2015-04-15 09:40:57)

#3 2015-04-15 11:31:32

Protagonizzle

Hey Jaam, that's really the ultimate evil. Also, I think 1,000 steps would have had much the same effect tongue

Now that you're done there you can move in at Frosty's place!

#4 2015-04-15 14:16:39

JAAM

Frosty wrote:

Wow, that's evil... But nice idea anyway. smile

Using a very fast key bind the fastest i managed to get through the place was 18.5 minutes.

So much for every house being solvable without tools. ^^

yeah that was the idea unless you knew what you were doing the house was almost impossible without tools. unfortunately, the small psych tricks in there took up so much room there wasn't very much space left for vault defenses... The robber ultimately crossed over the pits to the dance, and from there cut up the wired wall to the clock beating several dogs to death and smashing open all the doors there until he found the vault.

Previously eppfel had broken through the doors upwards before walking to the practically unguarded vault... The change i made prevented future robbers form easily taking that rout.

Not knowing if i set everything up correctly the first time was the most torturous i sat there waiting for a solid 30 min (before ultra fast keybind) waiting for the doors to open, knowing that a single misplaced wire (i had found others previously) would end my entire game and i may never even know if it was the wire or me just giving up too soon. Needless to say i will never build something like this again...

Last edited by JAAM (2015-04-15 14:22:15)

You are unique, just like everybody else.

Board footer