The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-13 06:25:56

cullman

Who is Kent James Walton?

I'm just curious.

#2 2015-09-13 10:42:30

GotABigTrap

Re: Who is Kent James Walton?

Pretty sure that is me, and that I was robbed blind of 115203$ today by a person who guessed the dance!  Whoever you are, I hope you enjoyed the experience of walkking as freely through my castle as its owner does.

I was hoping that somebody would have tried to brute force me instead but I think that my dance is clearly too simple and that I need to work on making it more complex.

The house itself has an electronics system that detects any tool use and when it does it locks down the back end.  Additionally, the lock is mildly obfuscated to prevent one from building the solution based upon tearing into it.  The hope was that it was obfuscated enough that anybody with anything serious to lose would ever attempt the dance but instead go for a brute force.  The key is, once you commit to the dance tool use is impossible.  Additionally, if tool use occurs at the doorstop, the cats lock down the vaults making brute force extremely costly.  when I rebuild I'll work on making it harder to guess.  I was afraid that a new life robber would accidentally solve the lock, so I was completely correct in my fears.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-09-13 10:48:18)

#3 2015-09-13 17:21:51

GotABigTrap

Yeah well they stoled it but I stoled it back.   Changed the dance so lets see if you can guess it again guzman.

#4 2015-09-13 23:23:57

joshwithguitar

RIP Walton
Pretty big gamble you took there based on the same trick working a second time over.

#5 2015-09-14 06:02:18

GotABigTrap

Haha yep. 

I was robbed for all my money.  I was able to rob a small chunk of it back and decided to throw it into trying to rob you.  I actually did not believe I could succeed, but I honestly thought I would have left safely.  I incorrectly assumed that the floor would have been hot upon return and brought water instead of wire cutters.

#6 2015-09-15 03:32:47

joshwithguitar

Have you been cheating? I noticed before you suddenly made some money very fast before dying in my house at a time when there wasn't much money in the neighbourhood. And now you come in with $20k+ worth of tools only days later.

#7 2015-09-15 19:21:21

GotABigTrap

Okay so first of all, just before I died, I robbed cullman, who had robbed me on like the first try with out any tools.  Cullman didn't claim responsibility, but I know it was him because the house he built was the same design he always builds (Just curious right?).  When I robbed cullman I basically knew the entire house because it is a design that has been around forever.  I attempted to rob you by attacking the lower side cat flaw and died with the money that I stole back from cullman.  Secondly, after I died, I came home from work the next day and there were two houses with money.  The first had 12k in and was extremely easy, literally solved with only 2 dog meat.  From what I could tell, somebody else was trying to pump it up so they could rob it later, but I happened to get there first.  The second was another house that held 8k that I am pretty sure was built by cullman on a secondary account because I know several of his designs from playing this in the past.  I can't tell you why it had money but it was a super easy house that pretty much only needed 2 dog meat to solve easily.  The house happened to be broken because it had been robbed previously and solved w/o tools.  The fact is that the only way to solve it was with tools and the easiest way was with 2 dog meat.  I happened to know the design like the back of my hand because it was the SAME designed that was re-used a million times and never really changed.  Again, I'm not one to point the finger as far as cheating because, as we all know, it is pretty much impossible to stop people from doing it.  Unfortunately, its that same talk that pretty much ruined the game.  On the other hand, why would somebody rob me for over 100k on the very first try and then pretend like they had nothing to do with it? After getting these two crap houses I found with ~ 20k in them after returning from work, I turned to henson again because I know there is a flaw with the cat that can be exploited.  I already tried the bottom so it made the most logical sense to exploit the top.

Lets face it.  Here is a game that I really loved that is pretty much laying flat on the table in the emergency room on life support begging to be taken off.  I'm sorry community, I'm just not ready to quit yet, I still have a few more things that I want to do electronically in the game if other people play it or not.  My original mission was to rob henson because it was the de-facto BEST house EVER.  Secondly, once I understand the principle behind the design, I set out to make something that could be competitive with it.  honestly, I just can't improve upon the cat puzzle yet- no idea how it works.  The cat bunker grid is an amazing idea as well, which I've incorporated.  However, after creating similar designs I realized that there was a pretty big flaw with the cat.  The purpose of the grid is to give a 2 dimensional set of cells where the vault could be located.  The house owner counts on the user walking the straight path, causing the cat to go alll the way to the vault.  By trapping the cat, you essentially reduce the search down from a square area to a straight line.

For one thing, I avoid robbing 2k houses.  If you do you can only get 2k from that house before the owner dies and the house will not be visible to you.  The only time I would do that would be if I absolutely needed 2k.  Much smarter to wait for the user to accumulate lots of money and then rob them.  The problem comes when you can't see all the houses on the account because you robbed all the 2k houses and then one or two of them happen to pick up 5-10k.  The other thing is, many time my main will die in bond or something because somebody moved a dog.  Then 2 hours later I come back and collect my massive bounty before anybody else.  The sad fact is there is just not many people playing left and the people who do happen to do a lot of santa runs.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-09-15 21:28:52)

#8 2015-09-16 12:33:57

Passive

GotABigTrap wrote:

The sad fact is there is just not many people playing left

Well a lot of people quit because other people use two accounts scouting with the one without a house and then coming in with the main account to get the money. Then they use their second account to boost the main if they do happen to die so they go from no house to a house covered in trapdoors all in the time when a normal account might have only got 5kish......

#9 2015-09-16 17:19:31

GotABigTrap

Or they have house and they never entered your house under that name and suddenly come in with a new user and rob your house the first try without tools and pretend on the forum like they don't know anything about it.  Or they use duel accounts and just lie about it instead of being honest about it.  The thing is, the only reason the duel account problems exist is because people make shitty houses.  The developer has already stated that this is more a problem of the types of houses that exist in the  neighborhood, so why do people keep making crap houses.  I personally do not care if a multi-account user attacks my house because it just offers a greater challenge to defend against, so bring it on.  That being said, why don't the players try to keep the neighborhood clean and free of transfer houses?  The problem is that people have to rob and people have to build houses or this game loses all value.  If somebody gets to try to rob me more often, its just more ways for me to watch them die.  Yes allowing people to scout is going to make it harder to defend against; however, it is not more of an advantage than a blueprint.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-09-16 20:18:27)

#10 2016-06-29 07:32:53

LordSora

Probably a "cheater" but since it has been over a year... he/she quit? Thanks Jason

Board footer