The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-09 21:17:21

JAAM

Luttrell dual account ussage

I mean I personally have no issues with dual accounts i understand while it can take the risk out of the game a bit, the only time i frown upon it is to use it for suicide scouters to throw at a house before the main account comes in to sweep up the vault which it appears Mr. Luttrell is doing, earlier today multiple scouts attacked my vault before lutrell came in with just a few more tools than he would need to claim my vault.

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#2 2015-10-10 12:19:21

GotABigTrap

Re: Luttrell dual account ussage

Which house?  I robbed a few houses yesterday but I did not scout with secondary accounts ahead of that.  Not sure which house you are referring to.

Actually I have 2 accounts but my secondary account was another established house.

All I have to say is it seems like anytime anybody gets robbed they come on the forum and start complaining.  This makes the game look bad.  I happen to have robbed Henson like 4 times, which was one of most challenging houses of all time, with tools 3 times and I discovered the dance and solved it without tools as well, and I always risked my main account to do it.  My point is I know what I'm doing and if somebody came in before me and tried the same shit, maybe that is what your house design is telling them to do.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-10-10 13:12:27)

#3 2015-10-10 13:47:39

JAAM

GotABigTrap wrote:

Which house?  I robbed a few houses yesterday but I did not scout with secondary accounts ahead of that.  Not sure which house you are referring to.

Actually I have 2 accounts but my secondary account was another established house.

All I have to say is it seems like anytime anybody gets robbed they come on the forum and start complaining.  This makes the game look bad.  I happen to have robbed Henson like 4 times, which was one of most challenging houses of all time, with tools 3 times and I discovered the dance and solved it without tools as well, and I always risked my main account to do it.  My point is I know what I'm doing and if somebody came in before me and tried the same shit, maybe that is what your house design is telling them to do.

Ok i mean no offense it is quite hard and i do agree it is rather poor sportsmanship. lutrells house has what i believe to be some form of extreme cat dance with 3 cats viewed upon starting and run on a clock with trapdoors and electric floors to be honest i cant say much about the design due to having never taken more than 3 steps into the house i'm not a fan of cat dances.
on the topic of my suspicions i threw it out there because i had 2 accounts stock my house before lutrell robbed it if it was sheer luck or actual dual account usage i cant say.

Also if you might happen across my name it might be interesting to know i have a rather fortified entrance magic dog dance strait down and 2 visible dogs from the start.

Also please do not rage at the rough and dirty combo lock i threw in at the end its only there to hold the space for right now and i'll knock it out when i get the chance.

Last edited by JAAM (2015-10-10 13:51:14)

#4 2015-10-10 14:26:18

GotABigTrap

Interesting take on my house, but it is definitely not a cat dance.  The house is a hybrid between my old combo lock house - http://castledraft.com/editor/28YFCx and JWG's henson/price design. 

Here is an older version the current house I've already posted - http://castledraft.com/editor/Xr9WDh

The point of the 3 cats at the end is to lock down the vaults, which will occur whenever tools are used.  I added the 3 cats instead of 2 to counter the flaw in the design that I was able to exploit in henson's house.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-10-10 14:28:21)

#5 2015-10-10 14:58:15

JAAM

oh good lord i've been looking at that since you posted it and i still don't know the answer. Wonderful. So it is a cat combination lock on steroids with doors and switches instead of wires. very nice, that's not your house however?

#6 2015-10-10 18:01:25

GotABigTrap

Okay so the 2nd map, which is more like my current.  The upper part is all tool-detection.  If you use a tool, the door doesn't block the cats so they lock themselves inside the vault areas.  That whole thing is exactly the same in my latest map except I have 3 cats.  The lock is a combo lock where 2 buttons must also be pressed simultaneously.  The lock there is not anything like what I currently am using.  Overall the house is the same but I changed the trap mechanics and the entrance is wider so that the 3 cats all see you while you are on the doorstep.

The house is specifically designed to prevent brute force; however, not designed to prevent against random tool-less suicide attacks.  There is only one dance and it is conceivable that somebody could guess it and walk all the way to the vault.  If you try to cut into the walls to see the lock, there are many dogs and it should also be very confusing as to what dance actually unlocks the bridge.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-10-10 22:28:48)

#7 2015-10-11 09:06:55

JAAM

yes i took a better look its a very nice place

#8 2016-06-29 07:27:03

LordSora

JAM you literally just had an off topic post and now u complaining about dual accounts. You should complain about 10 person accounts. They are totally ruining the game that Jason created and maintained....

Board footer