The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-07 06:58:59

Raisane

"you died due to inactivity"

so i was testing my room, but i had to go because of some reasons. i came back only to notice that i died because of inactivity, and now my room and all is gone.
is it possible to get the room back (a lot of money+effort was put into it)

note: i logged out after i clicked on respawn, so it's the room previous to that.

#2 2013-04-07 07:29:10

colorfusion

Re: "you died due to inactivity"

There's no way to get it back in game, and it's extremely unlikely Jason is going to make a special case for this.
If you AFK in a house you get killed. You are blocking other people from getting into the house so it needs to get you out, and you could have just decided to get kicked out on purpose to avoid death so it also needs to kill you to make sure people don't do that.

In the future avoid doing it when you can, it's annoying for pretty much everyone.

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-04-07 07:29:37)

#3 2013-04-07 07:30:39

Raisane

what if you're in the middle of building a room? if you are afk in building phase it has the exact same results for other people as being afk in the testing phase.

#4 2013-04-07 07:32:53

colorfusion

Raisane wrote:

what if you're in the middle of building a room? if you are afk in building phase it has the exact same results for other people as being afk in the testing phase.

It still kicks you out, but doesn't kill you. Your house reverts to last state in which it was proven to be possible.
It kicks you out to stop you blocking other people getting in, but it doesn't need to kill you because you're always safe in building mode so there'd be no avoiding deaths by AFKing.

#5 2013-04-08 07:25:35

Funky Functionality

I "died due to inactivity" in the middle of casing someone's house at the beginning of last weekend.  Seems like it was caused by a failed house check-in, but at the time I was baffled as to the reason.  What's worse is that it happened the first time my new home design was proving successful, and I was beginning to rack up enough dough for my first painting.  That frustrated me enough to put the game down for a week until yesterday... but now I'm back up there. smile

Board footer