The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-12 13:31:46

paciferal

Does it count as a bug...

I noticed that whenever I pick up the vault or a family member and place it on top of something, I don't get refunded the money for that item, even if I had just placed it a moment before. I know I have lost money a few times by not paying attention when this happened.

#2 2013-07-12 14:22:32

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Does it count as a bug...

Oh, wow!  Yeah, that's a bug.  Can't believe nobody noticed it until now.  Will fix it in the next release.

However, note that the server is NOT billing you for the removed item that got replaced by the vault.  For example, the green balance number might say "-$10" still if you replace a new wooden wall with the vault, but after you return to your house later, you'll find that you still have that $10 and it was not spent after all!

#3 2013-07-13 14:41:21

paciferal

Okay, so I never lost money that way off after all tongue Thanks for listening though!

#4 2013-07-13 22:01:54

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, this was fixed in v14 anyway.

I noticed that the cost-balance would update to correct itself once your finally placed another object (like a wall or something).

It was just that the cost-of-changes wasn't being recomputed when "mandatory" objects (vault and family) are moved.

#5 2013-07-14 10:53:16

Raisane

jasonrohrer wrote:

Oh, wow!  Yeah, that's a bug.  Can't believe nobody noticed it until now.  Will fix it in the next release.

However, note that the server is NOT billing you for the removed item that got replaced by the vault.  For example, the green balance number might say "-$10" still if you replace a new wooden wall with the vault, but after you return to your house later, you'll find that you still have that $10 and it was not spent after all!

could you make it so that the player sees how many things he can still place without cost?

#6 2013-07-19 09:48:13

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Hmmm.... can you clarify a bit?  Not sure exactly what kind of info display you're asking for here.

You can only place things without cost if you put them back exactly where you erased them from (so that removing and adding the same wall in the same spot doesn't double-charge you---this makes editing more care-free and fluid, so you don't have to keep one finger on Undo the whole time).

The exception to this is animals, since they can be freely moved around by erasing and replacing them somewhere else without cost.

Board footer