The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-24 19:38:09

jere

Bug: Sold items don't persist

I have about 12k worth of items in my vault. When I went to sell all of them (and I checked this a few times), everything seems to work fine, but when I log out and log in later none of the items are sold. Would a recorded game help here?

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#2 2013-07-25 01:27:22

colorfusion

Re: Bug: Sold items don't persist

If you leave your house (Properly, not tapes) then all of the trades are saved. If you just log out then, like house changes, they are reverted.

Not sure if intentional, but if you don't leave house or change layout then there's not much point selling tools.

#3 2013-07-25 01:33:10

dalleck

jere wrote:

I have about 12k worth of items in my vault. When I went to sell all of them (and I checked this a few times), everything seems to work fine, but when I log out and log in later none of the items are sold. Would a recorded game help here?

As colorfusion said, did you sell the items and then leave your house, or did you sell them and then quit?

Last edited by dalleck (2013-07-25 01:34:31)

The rich aren't safe. Nobody is safe. -jere                   ...but the smell wafts out from the pit, obviously. - Jason Rohrer

And the more dickish they are, the more I feel like beating a house to destruction after finally figuring it out. -bey bey

#4 2013-07-25 04:33:45

jere

Yea, I logged out. I had no idea that was intentional behavior.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#5 2013-07-28 22:09:48

jasonrohrer
Administrator

There's no communication with the server when you're buying and selling UNTIL your house is sent back to the server upon hitting DONE (and completing the self-test, if necessary).  All that buying and selling is accumulated into one big transaction that is sent along with your updated house.

The one exception to this is buying paintings.... because obviously we don't want more than one person to get a give painting, so there has to be an immediate BUY action that happens on the server as soon as you press the buy button.

But the general idea is to limit client-server communication wherever possible (so one server can host a lot more active players).

Board footer