The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-05 13:38:41

Ludicrosity

New Spouse Movement Behavior?

So something strange happened to me. I returned to my house and found my wife dead at my doorstep. This struck me as odd because she had been placed far away in the top right corner, protected by several dogs. Of course a robber could have chased her out and waited to kill her at the last moment.

When I watched the tapes however, what I found was a robber taking one step into my house and then repeatedly stepping back and forth in the same way one might check for dogs back in v11. To my surprise and confusion, my wife eventually came running right along, apparently having left her safe hiding spot without having been seen. She received the back end of the robber's crowbar. sad

Anyway, am I missing something about spouse behavior or is this not supposed to happen? Maybe I just don't understand it like I thought.

#2 2013-07-05 15:37:55

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: New Spouse Movement Behavior?

Oh, is it the tape where Leon J. Baca gets you?

Yeah, he kills one of your kids right at the start, and then your wife runs to the side of her dying child.  That's the way the game is supposed to work (and why you can't just leave your kids out in the open while only protecting your wife).

#3 2013-07-05 15:54:12

largestherb

he he he!

#4 2013-07-06 06:42:21

bey bey

largestherb wrote:

he he he!

wow...

In fact you can be batman.
(if he robbed houses and murdered families.)
- Dalleck

#5 2013-07-06 08:08:32

Ludicrosity

jasonrohrer wrote:

Oh, is it the tape where Leon J. Baca gets you?

Yeah, he kills one of your kids right at the start, and then your wife runs to the side of her dying child.  That's the way the game is supposed to work (and why you can't just leave your kids out in the open while only protecting your wife).

Ahh, yes that was the one. That thought did occur to me, but I thought the wife only ran to a slain child's side if she saw it happen. Thanks.

Fortunately, I don't think I need my wife's income boost anymore at this point.

#6 2013-07-25 20:29:48

Ludicrosity

So I just tried to use this trick on someone else... I killed the daughter and then ran around waiting for the wife to show up... nothing. I then found the wife hiding in the same house. Is this rule no longer true?

Last edited by Ludicrosity (2013-07-25 20:30:26)

#7 2013-07-25 21:09:03

dalleck

Ludicrosity wrote:

So I just tried to use this trick on someone else... I killed the daughter and then ran around waiting for the wife to show up... nothing. I then found the wife hiding in the same house. Is this rule no longer true?

If the other child blocks her passage, then the wife won't be able to run out.

This has happened to me many ti... *ahem* I mean never happened to me, as I value the life of the sprites.

Last edited by dalleck (2013-07-25 21:09:24)

The rich aren't safe. Nobody is safe. -jere                   ...but the smell wafts out from the pit, obviously. - Jason Rohrer

And the more dickish they are, the more I feel like beating a house to destruction after finally figuring it out. -bey bey

#8 2013-07-26 16:54:40

Ludicrosity

dalleck wrote:

If the other child blocks her passage, then the wife won't be able to run out.

This has happened to me many ti... *ahem* I mean never happened to me, as I value the life of the sprites.

Ahh... clever you!

Thanks!

Board footer