The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-28 09:52:28

Ludicrosity

Back to List Button?

I have a minor suggestion for a button that brings you back to the list of houses after you exit a burglary attempt. Currently there is only a button that brings you back to your house. I often want to return to the list directly. I am also curious if others have found themselves wishing for such a button or if this is just me.

#2 2013-07-28 09:59:54

colorfusion

Re: Back to List Button?

I think the reason it is like that is so if you're house is in an impossible state you can't rob people and just keep going back to the list, as to get out of your house you need to solve it or AFK for 5 minutes if it's been changed.

#3 2013-07-28 13:06:19

Ludicrosity

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense; that didn't occur to me. But it does bring you to your house upon logging in, so in order to really take advantage of this, you'd need to just leave TCD in the list view mode forever. I suppose you could then have access to others' houses while yours remained broken, but since you'd never have any tools, I'd think that would be of limited use.

#4 2013-07-28 13:31:51

colorfusion

Ludicrosity wrote:

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense; that didn't occur to me. But it does bring you to your house upon logging in, so in order to really take advantage of this, you'd need to just leave TCD in the list view mode forever. I suppose you could then have access to others' houses while yours remained broken, but since you'd never have any tools, I'd think that would be of limited use.

You can leave your house the first time just by AFKing for 5 minutes, it will kick you out then you can just go robbing and not returning.

As it is now you have to return each time and AFK another 5 minutes, even if you just scouted, which would get annoying fast.

Speaking of this it only seems to kick you out after you return and make a movement, which seems strange and a bit against the point of allowing people to rob you.

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-07-28 13:32:42)

#5 2013-07-28 14:52:58

Ludicrosity

Ok, I see now.

Board footer