The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-05 17:53:15

Toolism

Where to report bugs?

Will there ever be a subforum for BUGS?
I think i've found one. I mostly play TCD on my pc (windows7) but tonight I decided I wanted to look at it on my Samsung 40 inch LED tv (1080p in terms of resolution). I hooked up my Macbook Pro 15' retina to the TV using HDMI. As soon as I launch CastleDoctrine.app the app crashes and gives me a nice crash report. Would you be interested in it? It happens every time the macbook is mirroring its display onto the TV. As soon as I detach the HDMI cable, the app launches without any problems.

#2 2013-04-08 22:10:45

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Where to report bugs?

Please send all bug reports to me by email.

And yes, I am interested in hearing about any and all bugs!

I'm guessing the game is trying to pick a weird resolution that your macbook SAYS it supports, but that it doesn't really support (the game asks for a list of available resolutions, and then picks the smallest available one to save CPU).  This happened on someone else's macbook too.  In your case, the problem is compounded by whatever resolutions are supported by the mirroring.

So, to fix this, try changing the game settings (settings folder) to use a resolution that you KNOW is good for HDMI mirroring on your TV.  Edit screenWidth and screenHeight with TextEdit.

Board footer