The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-24 10:05:14

nathan

The unbeatable house problem

Because house design has been nerfed, and tools cost so much, the prevalent design currently is a vault in front of the door, concrete walls, and pit bulls. Once someone robs the house, it's unsolvable. To illustrate my point, there are only 3 currently solvable houses in the game! They are Brett John Walen, Michael Wilbur Jackson, and me. That's just sad. And once someone robs those houses, they're unsolvable without tools.

"I just robbed Mr. Rogers." -Ludicrosity "The wood is my desk, and I'm knocking it with my head." -Blip
"I'd rather pack 25 meats than 1 crowbar if you know what I mean..." -Jabloko
"This is one of the most disturbed things I have seen in quite a while. I blame global warming." -bey bey
"that seems like more resources than I'm willing to put into having my kids killed." -cbenny

#2 2013-08-24 10:13:06

colorfusion

Re: The unbeatable house problem

There are many ways to make a house unbeatable without tools, although this does seem to be a pretty popular one now that pitbulls have been buffed in ways that make this easier to do and tools to get around it cost so much.

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-08-24 10:13:58)

#3 2013-08-24 10:30:01

jere

One time robbable houses have been a burden on the game since forever. I really don't get what's so great about keeping them.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#4 2013-08-25 07:26:25

Leopoldfrank

Just got the game. Bit put off when I tried to rob my first 3 houses only to discover they were completely unfair (dogs parked on the doorstep). It seems clear to me that house design should be reset after each robbery attempt to how it was when it was built so that they stay fair otherwise the game doesn't work.

Btw, your forum registry "are you a spammer?" question doesn't work, presumably because the ladder price has changed.

#5 2013-08-25 07:48:57

joshwithguitar

Yeah, it's sadly not a great time to start Leopoldfrank as Rohrer has been experimenting with a few things over the last few, changing prices etc and so the game is not particularly well balanced at the moment. One time robbable houses are too powerful and so everyone is doing them. It is also hard to do anything else effective with starter cash which means that it's really the only way to survive early on.

#6 2013-08-25 08:55:38

largestherb

i made a simple 'guess which way or i hope you brought a lot of expensive water' house and i think someone has managed even then to park a dog on my front door step .____.

#7 2013-08-25 14:44:29

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yikes.  Will fix that security question now.

Sorry, Leopoldfrank, things are in flux!  That's why the game is half price right now.  Please hang in there.  Things will get better.

Board footer