The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2013-09-02 06:54:37

gyuri

Re: Change to the way Chills work

What if the duration of the chills depends on how many tools you brought with you? There are a lot of houses you can't even enter without drugged meat, but then you can have a nice walk around and solve some puzzles without any tools. And if chills are supposed to prevent dumping then there should be some reward to those who are scouting without dumping tools.

#27 2013-09-09 15:40:26

jasonrohrer
Administrator

So, I'm pretty sure I'm going to change this to only add a chill when you bring tools.  Thematically, it would make the most sense if the chill only happened when you USED tools, but then it wouldn't prevent tool dumping/pumping across multiple lives.  So, I guess it's, "You left tools in the vault in your past life, so there's a chill there.... your former dead hands touched those tools, and you can't bear to get near them".

As for a rich player taking tons of tools into a house and getting the "extra" tools (left in the vault) back in a second run, it's tempting to fix.  But then it makes so little thematic sense.... you dump your tools in the vault when you run out the door, when you die, but NOT when you reach the vault?

Also, do we have a lot of evidence of rich players way over-buying tools for a robbery and then coming back later?  Is this a pressing problem?

#28 2013-09-12 09:31:29

jasonrohrer
Administrator

OKAY.

This is done.  You now only get a chill in a house if you die there OR carry tools in there and die elsewhere.  This chill lasts for one hour after you were last in that house.

Board footer