The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-26 15:39:46

bey bey

Fork or funeral?

Judging from what's going on here it seems that we are at an impasse.

I'd like to know if anybody has set up a fork server yet? V8 or v15 would work for me. V8 is more viable but v15 might be more fun. wink

May the voltage meter be with you!

In fact you can be batman.
(if he robbed houses and murdered families.)
- Dalleck

#2 2013-09-26 15:44:24

jere

Re: Fork or funeral?

I'd like to know if anybody has set up a fork server yet? V8 or v15 would work for me.

If they had, I'd imagine the first thing they would have done is post about it here to generate some interest.

I wouldn't be against playtesting a fork a bit. I think it would have to play nicely with very few players though. Ya'll know I feel about that anyway....

Last edited by jere (2013-09-26 15:47:09)

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#3 2013-09-26 16:10:23

ukuko

I actually have a v15 server set up and sitting dormant. PM me if you're interested and I'll dole out some logins.

v8 might be more fun though...

#4 2013-09-26 16:19:34

jere

Well, color me an idiot. pm sent.

v8 might be more fun though...

Both is the ideal answer IMHO (a system that allows blueprints in some cases, but not always).... that would require quite a bit of work though.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#5 2013-09-26 16:55:04

bey bey

Very interested here!! It might be that this game is best played with some accountability, as in people know each other, invitations and all that. I always got the impressions that the dickery was due to people playing anonymously. I felt alright raping the houses of random people (the few times I did it) but knowing it's only going to be four or five people I know (and knowing THEY know I did it would change that...).

I had this suggestion of introducing a circuit-blueprint-tool that I liked. Meaning: Plug that thing into ANYTHING connected to a power source and get a reading of all electronics connected to it. That would mean that a.) you have to carry it and b.) labyrinths etc. are invulnerable to the tool but carry other restrictions (weaknesses of doggies etc.). But that's probably the most annoying solution to implement. [edit: And I loved the notion of having to guess the walls! Combined with restricted animal movement it would be highly pleasing to guess some electronics without knowing the walls etc.]

I'm a bit reluctant towards v8 since I'd be anybody's bitch for lack of electronic or logical thinking, but it was the most polished the game got.

Last edited by bey bey (2013-09-26 16:56:39)

In fact you can be batman.
(if he robbed houses and murdered families.)
- Dalleck

#6 2013-09-26 20:03:50

Ludicrosity

I'm definitely interested. I don't have as much time to play at the moment, so I may just get destroyed over and over, but I'm still very interested. smile

Board footer