The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-26 14:28:55

IknowU8me

What happened to all the houses?

There used to be so many more houses on the server and now they're gone and there is about 8 left, it used to feel more like an MMO but now I don't feel so insignificant. It was fun being a tiny lil guy surrounded by hundreds of houses to burgle.

#2 2013-10-26 16:12:45

colorfusion

Re: What happened to all the houses?

When there were pages and pages of houses most of them were unbreakable combo locks or inactive.

Now it's much harder to make an unbeatable houses, and when nothing interesting is left in your house you stop gaining money and stop showing up on the list.

There probably were more players back then, but not as much more as it might seem. The houses that exist on the list now are generally pretty fun to rob.

#3 2013-10-26 21:34:16

largestherb

hehehehe, when was the last time you logged in? i haven't seen a page two in many moons

#4 2013-10-27 03:01:18

ukuko

Well there was a time when broken houses still earned money so would constantly reappear at the bottom of the list, creating an  odd ghost town.

#5 2013-10-27 06:16:31

dalleck

ukuko wrote:

Well there was a time when broken houses still earned money so would constantly reappear at the bottom of the list, creating an  odd ghost town.

Ahhh.. good old ghost town.  The was something endearing about making your way through the mangled remains of all these broken houses for some quick cash.

The rich aren't safe. Nobody is safe. -jere                   ...but the smell wafts out from the pit, obviously. - Jason Rohrer

And the more dickish they are, the more I feel like beating a house to destruction after finally figuring it out. -bey bey

#6 2013-10-27 06:45:34

nathan

dalleck wrote:
ukuko wrote:

There was something endearing about making your way through the mangled remains of all these broken houses for some quick cash.

Added to my signature!

"I just robbed Mr. Rogers." -Ludicrosity "The wood is my desk, and I'm knocking it with my head." -Blip
"I'd rather pack 25 meats than 1 crowbar if you know what I mean..." -Jabloko
"This is one of the most disturbed things I have seen in quite a while. I blame global warming." -bey bey
"that seems like more resources than I'm willing to put into having my kids killed." -cbenny

Board footer