The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-14 19:39:34

gyuri

Gallery bug?

Currently I have six paintings. Three of them are on display in the gallery, the remaining three in the archive, one of those is shown. I can change the one shown with the up and down arrows.

I want painting 'A' to be shown as the one from the archive, but every time I watch my tapes or the house list, when I come back, painting 'B' is there. It's the same behaviour if I choose 'C'. I can't remember the order I purchased them or the price, but I suppose it has something to do with that. Or maybe there's some alphabetical order?

Edit: I just bought a seventh painting. First it was on display at the uppermost position in the gallery. I changed the order and entered the tapes list. When I got back, the paintings were in there original order (newest painting in the uppermost position). I changed it again and entered the house list. Afterwards the gallery was how I intended it to be, but in the archive again painting 'B' was shown (so it's not the newest one that is shown there).

Last edited by gyuri (2013-11-14 19:46:10)

#2 2013-11-14 20:57:52

joshwithguitar

Re: Gallery bug?

Generally I've found that it is the most recent painting robbed that appears at the top of the archive. It would be nice if you could select it though, otherwise the only way of getting a painting you don't like off the top is robbing a house with paintings. I think it has been this way for a long time.

#3 2013-11-15 08:54:59

ukuko

Yeah it would be nice if that got fixed. It's annoying that you can't control the fourth slot.

#4 2013-11-15 19:01:21

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yes, I'll change it so you can control that fourth slot.  Before, I was thinking that controlling the order of all the paintings in the fourth slot would be cumbersome, so I avoided it.  But now I realize that it's only the painting on top (visible) that matters!

Also, keep in mind that the painting order in general (even the other slots) isn't saved until you actually check-in your house.  Watching tapes simply leaves your house without checking it in.

Board footer