The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-22 10:16:26

metaldev

What does leaving a message for posterity do?

When we quit we press % or can leave a message.

Does this message do anything or go anywhere?

#2 2013-11-26 04:50:52

largestherb

Re: What does leaving a message for posterity do?

i have often wondered. i have written some foul things in there when it wont let me quit on the 'you have died' screen.

#3 2013-11-26 10:06:12

colorfusion

I think it just stays there, could be useful for writing down house solutions or notes for later.

#4 2013-11-26 11:02:24

jasonrohrer
Administrator

It's for leaving notes to ME in your game recording file, should you need to send it to me for some reason.

During initial testing, I was often watching people's bug-free recordings just to "peek over their shoulder" as they played.  They could write their thoughts, feedback, and notes right there in the game, and they'd play back for me when I watched the recording.

Like, "Wait, why did I just die?"

And then later, "Oh, I can die testing my own house?!?  Interesting..."

The strange thing about this feature is that it is a *real* recording, in that I can see your typing as you typed it, typos and corrections and redactions and everything.  So, if you type, "This game sucks [backspace][backspace][backspace][backspace][backspace] rocks," I'll see you changing your mind...

Could still be useful at this point if you're making a recording that recreates a bug.... to give me notes pointing out the bug.

Board footer