The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-04 05:18:30

Dantheman

Helpful little elves

Maybe its the season, but I have noticed quite a number of times somebody will make it to my safe successfully, only to hang themselves. It feels like they are giving me a helping hand, showing me flaws in my design and declining to take pleasure in taking all my money. Thank you whoever. ;-)

Get out of my house!

#2 2013-12-04 10:52:11

GoogleFrog

Re: Helpful little elves

This happened to me a few days ago but I attributed it to more nefarious reasons.

Basically I think they were dumping tools and bounty. My house had a fairly low value at the time and they bought along many tools. So, after figuring out how to defeat my house, they suicide to significantly increasing its value. Had I not noticed I assume they would have come back in an hour to collect the greater value in the vault. They would effectively be able to start with a larger amount of money. The risk here is that somebody else will rob the house or that I will notice and change my design.

#3 2013-12-04 11:27:49

jasonrohrer
Administrator

"Someone else just hung themselves in front of our vault, Larry.  Time to get the locks changed again."

#4 2013-12-05 04:03:53

Dantheman

GoogleFrog wrote:

This happened to me a few days ago but I attributed it to more nefarious reasons.

Basically I think they were dumping tools and bounty. My house had a fairly low value at the time and they bought along many tools. So, after figuring out how to defeat my house, they suicide to significantly increasing its value. Had I not noticed I assume they would have come back in an hour to collect the greater value in the vault. They would effectively be able to start with a larger amount of money. The risk here is that somebody else will rob the house or that I will notice and change my design.

The sneaky bastards. Actually that makes a lot of sense.

Get out of my house!

#5 2013-12-08 08:39:17

colorfusion

This seems to have happened a lot to me when I was gone for a week. My house was robbed and left in a state where it looked scary but the way through was fairly simple. $200 bounty accounts would come through with a full inventory of tools but not use any, and then suicide always one step above my vault (even though you come at it from the left). After a few of those an account would come through with no tools and take all of the previous bounties and tools.

Board footer