The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-14 14:28:23

jasonrohrer
Administrator

What I'm doing right now

You may have noticed that I've been a bit quiet.

I've had my head down, busily doing the Steam coding necessary to make server accounts work on Steam.  It's always surprising how much suffering Steam integration involves, but I'm gritting my teeth and pushing through it. 

I'm getting pretty close to having the code side done now, but after that, I need to get all the graphical assets (Steam banners and buttons) done, and then do the final packaging and testing of the game.

The goal right now is to have a release toward the end of January of 2014, but I don't have a confirmed release date with Valve yet---I'm waiting until I get everything totally done and ready to launch before I set that date.

#2 2013-12-14 18:14:32

largestherb

Re: What I'm doing right now

if you need any steam testers, you know where to find us!

don't forget to relax and enjoy the strange things that happen at this time of year~

#3 2013-12-14 23:31:30

ZenRose

Thank-you for the update.  I'm excited for the (hopefully) larger player base that will come with a steam release.

#4 2013-12-17 11:19:11

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re:  steam testing

I'll have to look into that.  Maybe there's a way I can give a selected list of people access to the build through steam to help iron out any issues.  It's always kinda scary to be the only one testing the Steam build (which is what I did last time, for Star-filled Sky).

Re:  larger player base

Oh, yeah, for sure!  I just hope it doesn't crash the server...

There will be thousands on day 1, easily.

Board footer