The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-16 23:52:02

bigbangdoctor

New Item Suggestions

Two new item's i'de like to suggest are

1. Fake Vault
The purpose of this item would to be an officiant way to trick people into going to another vault, effectively doing nothing but looking the same as the vault

2. Sound Proof Walls
One thing i've found is that often I don't want my family to leave the room, so these walls could possibly stop mt family from leaving as they would not know the robber is here, they could possibly just be something that fits inside the basic wall (essentially just being reinforcement) that would sacrafice your choice to put wiring in

#2 2013-12-17 09:59:45

colorfusion

Re: New Item Suggestions

Family only start to leave if they see the robber, so just use normal walls for that.

#3 2013-12-17 11:16:36

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: New Item Suggestions

I thought a LOT about fake vaults way back in the beginning, before coding the game.

It seemed like an awesome idea at first.  But then I realized that people would have 100s of fake vaults installed in their houses, and it would turn the whole thing into a guessing game (minesweeper?) which isn't that interesting.

Yes, you could limit it to just one fake vault, but... nothing else in the game is limited in that way.  Anyway, people can already build guessing-game type things if they want.

Board footer