The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-17 17:07:15

DethBringa

View your own name?

Is there a way to view your own name? That way when my friends buy the game (I'm telling them too), I can either tell them which house to avoid or to come rob my "easy" house (and kill them off! *insert evil laugh*).
If there isn't maybe add that when you are viewing your home you can see your name.

Just a thought.

If I vanish it's not due to a burglar shooting me as well as my wife while making his way to the vault....
I'm just a burst player.
tongue

#2 2014-01-17 17:12:11

colorfusion

Re: View your own name?

Not being able to see your own name, and having it randomly generated, is an intentional design feature.

#3 2014-01-17 17:14:01

DethBringa

Ahhhh I thought it might have been but hoped it wasn't.

If I vanish it's not due to a burglar shooting me as well as my wife while making his way to the vault....
I'm just a burst player.
tongue

#4 2014-01-17 18:33:53

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, the whole name system was put in place to prevent exactly that kind of (potentially unfair) collaboration between friends.

Of course, if you describe your house to a friend, and the friend pokes through a bunch of houses, the friend might be able to figure out which one is yours.  Paintings can also be used for this purpose.

But it is slower and more labor-intensive than it would be if you could just name yourself to your friend.

Also... it's funny, but you can see people talking about Mr. Taylor (or whatever) in the forums, and then slowly realize that it's YOU (because you see no Mr. Taylor on the list.... hmm...).  That's a cool realization when you have it.

Board footer