The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-16 08:47:18

Sohon

#2 2014-01-16 08:55:02

Antiblitz

Re: BUG?

My only guess is she didnt have a way of escaping the house before, and so she wouldnt move because of it, she had no path to move that was free to exit.

EDIT:
Oh i think i figured it out, as the screen moved up, it revealed her standing there, if the robber can move on top of the shotgun before she can get to it, then she cant use it.  So you must always remember to give atleast a one space gap between when someone sees her and the shotgun.

Last edited by Antiblitz (2014-01-16 09:02:08)

#3 2014-01-16 13:23:32

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yes, that Jeremy Jessie fellow has had a long a fruitful career as a robber.... long list of tapes in the admin view.

It is indeed because there's a dead body blocking the door, off screen, which means that the wife has no escape path, so she can't move.

I'm wondering if I should change this, though....  maybe they should try to get as close as possible to the exit, and stop at the blocking body.

Otherwise, situations like this are really confusing for the owner.  She's standing right next to the gun!  Why doesn't she use it!

UPDATE:
This was changed in v30.  For the better, I think.

#4 2014-01-20 17:59:54

Antiblitz

I have another wife problem to report, lol.  When something dies in the place of the shotguns original pickup location, the wife can not pick up the shotgun, and will avoid it completely.  What had happened was as followed.  A robber entered the house, sawed through a wall, the wife and children began to flee, however he clubbed one of the children and they died in the spot where the "trigger lock" was located.  Because of that, when the robber entered the house again, the wife avoided the shotgun completely, and the robber was able to club and kill the wife.  Posting this for my brother, incase you decide to view the tapes, i believe he is currently Kenneth Barker.

#5 2014-01-21 01:26:28

arakira

Antiblitz, I did exactly what you describe yesterday, but I am not Kenneth Barker. In the end I was able to club this wife for 800$ only. It is arguable whether family members can walk other dead bodies or not. Personnaly I like it this way because it allows tactical tricks to get the wife for cheaper than a gun.
However, I think the new rule in v30 where they at least try to walk to the exit even if the path is blocked by a dead body, was necessary. Before that, giving the wife a shotgun was useless (unless there was no kid) because you just had to club a kid on the exit path and come back to club the "frozen" wife. Now I'm happy to offer her a shotgun for her own defence smile

Last edited by arakira (2014-01-21 01:27:08)

#6 2014-01-21 08:34:01

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yes, she can't bear to step on the dead body of one of her own children!  I suppose it's possible to arrange the children so that they never walk over the shotgun (you'd want to do that anyway, right?  I mean, a trigger lock gives you a certain peace of mind, but you still don't want to store the shotgun in the nursery...)

But she has a strong-enough stomach to walk over the bodies of dead dogs (which will never die on the trigger lock anyway, because they hate the smell of gunpowder and oil).

Board footer