The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-31 14:52:55

Lorak

Why Doesn't Reaching An Empty Vault End Your Robbery?

I just died because after making my way through a house, the vault at the end was empty (What causes a vault to be empty, anyway?  This place supposedly had $1100 in it).  My path back was blocked by an electrified floor which I had no way to get past, and I had to kill myself, despite reaching the vault successfully.

I have to ask why is this the case?  If you reach a non-empty vault, you magically teleport out with all the goods, so why don't you magically teleport out when you reach an empty vault?

#2 2014-01-31 14:57:18

DaVinci

Re: Why Doesn't Reaching An Empty Vault End Your Robbery?

Lorak wrote:

I just died because after making my way through a house, the vault at the end was empty (What causes a vault to be empty, anyway?  This place supposedly had $1100 in it).  My path back was blocked by an electrified floor which I had no way to get past, and I had to kill myself, despite reaching the vault successfully.

I have to ask why is this the case?  If you reach a non-empty vault, you magically teleport out with all the goods, so why don't you magically teleport out when you reach an empty vault?

Wife possibly had the money you wanted.

I agree with the teleporting-out-when-reaching-the-empty-vault idea though,

OR an indicator that shows the vault is empty.

#3 2014-01-31 16:28:14

Antiblitz

Jason explained it was a way to give you the "oh shit"(not those specific words) feeling when you arrive to find someone snuffed you out of the robbery long before you ever arrived.  Also the money you had seen was on the wife and not in the vault, either way, valuable lesson learned on your part.  The house or rather the vault always has the possibility to have nothing in it whatsoever.  Thats the risk you take, as a good for nothing filthy robber.

#4 2014-01-31 22:05:25

ChartaBona

Anytime you see broken traps, dead dogs, etc, you should be extra cautious. It means someone killed a family member or reached the vault.

#5 2014-01-31 23:20:16

Vegeta9001

Agree with Lorak... I got inside a house one time and nothing was broken nothing at all so I started to put dogs to sleep and all this good stuff and I ended up been pursuit by a hungry dogs (With no dog food left) I knew I was going to die UNTIL! I found the Vault!

Oh god I'm Saf--- (Nope.jpg) *Dies* Wait what, Why? =/

Last edited by Vegeta9001 (2014-01-31 23:43:19)

Board footer