The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-31 23:50:17

Dantheman

Suicide Robbing

Just a thought after coming back to the game after a few months hiatus.

I am still feeling like the game doesn't really reward me for caring about either my life, or the life of my family. I and my family are disposable. Especially right now with so many houses on the list, I am creating a character, tooling up, attemping a robbery, dying, and doing it again and again until I hit a big enough vault to start building something a little interesting (like four or six thousand or more). Basically I just treat my lives as entirely disposable.

Then, even once I have built my house and would prefer not to die, I don't really have a strong reason to protect my family. This is the biggest issue for me.

Can anybody remind me why income from your wife was taken out? Does that reason remain valid, or could incomes be brought back in? If I could protect my family and be rewarded financially, that would be really nice. Maybe some other kind of reward?

Elsewhere I suggested that your children could even act as little "back up lives" for your main character, such that if you die you "become" one of your children who has grown up. Keeping them alive is hence for the purpose of keeping a "back up" of yourself. This kind of reason to care about my family would make the game more interesting I feel, because at present I just don't.

Get out of my house!

#2 2014-02-01 00:02:01

DaVinci

Re: Suicide Robbing

You are doing chain-robbing, but only the first.

Wife and kids are bad. Make sure to get them killed as they might allow your whole area to get griefed.

#3 2014-02-01 07:52:58

largestherb

what is this mentality of throwing away the family?! your partner holds HALF OF YOUR MONEY!

sure back last summer when they did nothing at all, you'd put them at the front door and not even start building until they were dead. but holding 50% of the cash is so amazingly awesome..

the only reason i would purposely have my family exterminated now would be if i were building the ultimate taber house (one step = death)

#4 2014-02-01 07:57:42

DaVinci

largestherb wrote:

what is this mentality of throwing away the family?! your partner holds HALF OF YOUR MONEY!

sure back last summer when they did nothing at all, you'd put them at the front door and not even start building until they were dead. but holding 50% of the cash is so amazingly awesome..

the only reason i would purposely have my family exterminated now would be if i were building the ultimate taber house (one step = death)

-Killing them early avoids the griefers.

-Killing them early makes you lose less money.

-Allows ultimate taber house.

Last edited by DaVinci (2014-02-01 07:58:15)

#5 2014-02-01 08:44:16

ukuko

Good ole taber

Board footer