The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-03 23:34:24

GraveSalad

Hacker Found

This person's Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/largestherb/b/500170591 shows very clearly at 21:55-23:00 that they hacked, as before this they were using the 2000 to buy tools then go, got frustrated, then you see them messing with some windows and suddenly they have 40 saws, 41 bricks, 70 meat, ect. and 3541 in cash. I dunno if they had an exploit or what but I felt bad for victims after as the person just brute forced a really well designed house.

#2 2014-02-03 23:47:06

Drakol

Re: Hacker Found

That is... Suspicious as hell. The creator of the game needs to look at this and check.
Maybe it's a Double Entry Exploit? Start up the game, then start it up on steam, or something. But the server doesn't register that you've lost it, because the active one sends data to the Server telling the server that, they have all their gear, etc.  *shrugs*

#3 2014-02-03 23:47:10

skidz

Two accounts, beat the houses down with the $2000 from the one account over and over, use the mule account to go in after and clean up.

#4 2014-02-03 23:48:09

Drakol

That is... retarded - but doable.  Lmao

#5 2014-02-04 00:02:51

largestherb

i have two accounts for sure

#6 2014-02-04 00:18:43

jw2pfd

skidz wrote:

Two accounts, beat the houses down with the $2000 from the one account over and over, use the mule account to go in after and clean up.

I have seen a few comments to this effect between here and the steam forums.  This doesn't work for a couple of reasons.  Suicide after visiting a house with tools will put a chill on that house and prevent you from visiting it with that account.  This prevents that account from getting a fresh $2000 from suicide and revisiting the house with new tools to "beat it down".

Also, damage is only saved on a house if a robber successfully reaches a vault or kills a family member.  If you are the kind of person that has a house where your family members are easily accessible, then I guess it can be abused to some extent.  I doubt that this is much of a problem; it's also mostly the fault of the house owner if they allow the family members to be easily accessible.

Multiple accounts to attempt no risk scouting runs with $2000 in tools could be an issue for lower-end houses that are less secure.  Once again, I doubt that there are that many people doing this, but who knows.

#7 2014-02-04 00:28:50

skidz

jw2pfd wrote:
skidz wrote:

I have seen a few comments to this effect between here and the steam forums.  This doesn't work for a couple of reasons.  Suicide after visiting a house with tools will put a chill on that house and prevent you from visiting it with that account.  This prevents that account from getting a fresh $2000 from suicide and revisiting the house with new tools to "beat it down".

Also, damage is only saved on a house if a robber successfully reaches a vault or kills a family member.  If you are the kind of person that has a house where your family members are easily accessible, then I guess it can be abused to some extent.  I doubt that this is much of a problem; it's also mostly the fault of the house owner if they allow the family members to be easily accessible.

Multiple accounts to attempt no risk scouting runs with $2000 in tools could be an issue for lower-end houses that are less secure.  Once again, I doubt that there are that many people doing this, but who knows.

I was really just pointing out that he had another game running in another window, and he swapped to his other account which had a bunch of tools so it wasn't some HACK which gave all the items. Perhaps he could tell us why he has two accounts so we don't have to make assumptions.

#8 2014-02-04 01:45:15

largestherb

you already assumed i'm a he tongue

i originally purchased another account because a long time ago a lot of people felt like they couldn't play the game when they already had one huge super-house constructed. the risk of losing it to grids that turned on as you stepped on them (no wire cutters back then) was so high that it wasn't worth going in almost any house.
so another account is purchased with gave me freedom to run around robbing without losing my super fortress. although i usually would end up with two super fortresses and then not be able to play again.

so many changes have been put in place that make having more than one account.. underwhelming. another $2000 to go peek into the house your last $2000 didn't get you anywhere? yeah, you might avoid that dog that ate you last time, but after that you're just plunged back into the mystery. and you'll probably die. and in 24 hours that house will probably be gone, or at least heavily modified.

i had all those tools from a previous robbery before i started streaming, i am not sure if i even realised i had them in the backpack until i looked because i am not sure why i would've started streaming my tool-ball robbery spree without starting on the account that actually had a tool-ball already!

#9 2014-02-04 20:27:25

GraveSalad

Well I do apologize for falsely accusing you, but with no audio and just the windows being moved about seemed very suspect to say the least. I thought about dual accounts but I had doubts as people listed above as to that being the cause.

#10 2014-02-04 20:35:49

Drakol

Voice would make the streams infinitely better - though it could be because of many other issues. Including being mute, or anxiety, or even fear of being watched / listened to. *shrugs*

#11 2014-02-04 20:42:39

GraveSalad

I fully understand trouble with audio and streaming, I stream myself and its hard to keep relevant, coherent thoughts going as you play a game. Technical issues also abound, as I didn't even have a mic till Christmas. Although, a line of text explaining what's going on there would've been helpful for disclosure purposes, but this person explained themselves so no hard feelings. I'd just hate to see this game become hacker-world as it's one of the most unique multiplayer games I've experienced in awhile.

#12 2014-02-05 00:53:58

largestherb

smile i believe ukuko and myself are going to team up on the streaming lark. more details about this soon, depending how busy he is!

also, pre-emptive warning. when my microphone goes on it is mostly going to be screeching and laughing and other unintelligible sound effects.

#13 2014-02-05 02:51:50

Drakol

Does it matter what you say? I mean, those who watch you, will watch you and those who don't like what you're saying will mute and it'll be like you didn't have voice. *shrugs* Then there are people who would listen to you randomly banter / ramble - because they like your attitude or your reactions to things. Even people Raging get views at times, though I'd not recommend doing it too often. Some Twitchers mute themselves, yet people know their using expletives, etc.

Board footer