The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-10 14:50:56

Smegskull

Robber deaths and house resets

normally when a robber dies everything is repaired however if a family member dies this is not so. I know it is intentional for family deaths to be permanent but is it intentional for the traps to not reset? I am assuming the current code goes something like (did family member die, if no go to did robber die if yes reset house).

not sure which idea I am in favor of as at the moment you can wait for family member then kill them and vandalize any traps to assist the next guy. but then again if a family member is killed in the wrong spot it can screw everything up anyway.

edit: also just noticed if you are robbed items in your inventory are gone which caught me by surprise when i entered a house and saw all my tools had vanished.

Last edited by Smegskull (2014-02-10 14:53:48)

#2 2014-02-10 15:11:01

colorfusion

Re: Robber deaths and house resets

It's intended to all save after family death and vault reach. Also tools return to your vault after 5 minutes of not robbing someone or watching a tape, to stop you hiding wealth in your inventory.

#3 2014-02-10 15:13:28

rullgrus

Yes, it is intentional for the traps to not reset if a family member is killed. It may render a house impossible to crack without tools, but the owner must do a self test before he exits his house, so it must (more or less) be fixed to continue playing.

You will not lose tools which you have equipped if your house gets robbed. However, if you equip tools and leave your house for five minutes without doing anything, the tools will be returned to your vault. If you enter a house with tools and exits, the tools will be lost.

[edit] colorfusion was faster smile

Last edited by rullgrus (2014-02-10 15:15:06)

#4 2014-02-10 16:22:02

42dustman

rullgrus wrote:

Yes, it is intentional for the traps to not reset if a family member is killed. It may render a house impossible to crack without tools, but the owner must do a self test before he exits his house, so it must (more or less) be fixed to continue playing.

You can just quit and let your house in it's messed state though.

Self-testing is torture.

Board footer