The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-11 20:03:54

WarmechaM1

What initially interested you about this game?

Hey, newbie here. Got the game about 2 days ago and I've been loving it so far, it's a cold game that makes you learn from the ground up, which allot of games are missing these days.

The game concept itself seems solid, make a house, test the house then go rob a house. Nothing simpler. And I do love seeing people dying to my traps, a hint of satisfaction that you've done a good job and you've thwarted another player and got some loot to show for it.
Of course the game has it's faults, like I said its a cold game that makes you learn from the ground up, so new players (such as myself) may find it a bit "meh". But then allot of games have that learning curve, especially PvP games, so it isn't really all that different in here. New guy gets picked on, that's the way things are in life and in games.

So what was it that attracted you to the game or why do you play it?

Last edited by WarmechaM1 (2014-02-11 20:07:18)

#2 2014-02-11 21:52:51

Pandamonium

Re: What initially interested you about this game?

The pure evil you need to become, to get ahead in this game!

No seriously...Read half the comments in this forum out of context, and you'd this this forum is for sociopaths.

Trying to out think and out smart everyone... makes you... hardened and evil.

#3 2014-02-12 10:46:59

colorfusion

Re: What initially interested you about this game?

Designing traps and having players permadeath themselves to them. I love level design, and this pretty much seemed like an MMO game of level design.

Board footer